iOS 4.0 You guys want a jailbreak? Then don't ask Geohot!! Read!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by winner00, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winner00

winner00 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    From notcom's twitter:

geohot will release a JB if he goes a week without an email or a twitter about releasing. RT

Please Register or Log in to view images

He promised he'd do it too lol

Notcom is the guy that made firmware umbrella to back up your shsh's. Not sure if this is real but worth a try.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sounds like something Geohot would do.

But seriously, leave him alone, guys. I'd get pissed too if someone was emailing me 24/7 about a jailbreak.
  3. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Someone? More like everyone.
  4. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    • Flaming
    Geohot is a douche. He's an arrogant twerp who thinks he's a god for releasing Blackrain. Personally, I can't stand him or his tweets. If he doesn't want to release a jailbreak, then he should just tell everyone he's not going to. But instead he acts like a jealous 5-year old who has power over other kids because of a new toy.

I'll wait for Comex, thanks.
  5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hes pretty much asking something impossible. Someone is going to ask him. And he will probably release the jailbreak anyway...
  6. slim21st

slim21st Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    He has the right to when he's getting spammed with so much email from impatient people who not only bother asking but demand the jailbreak like if he owes them anything. I mean come on, he's only human. Lay off his back...everyone gloats and wants to feel superior...it's human nature
  7. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Actually, Geohot stated in his twitter that he has no plans for a jailbreak.

"In Berlin where there are no Apple stores. USA in world cup! No plans for new jailbreak. Stop asking."

Before you dis him, look at everything he's done for the iPhone community.
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Does he need to learn that there are others who are equally as talented, and could've done what he did? Yes. Is he talented? Yes.

Either way, it isn't worth arguing over. Keep it civil.
  9. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Definitely not everyone since I have never emailed him and couldn't care less about him.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't email him or anyone because if he had news he would post it on twitter, and I'm lazy and I hate being a pain in the butt about it. I think he's doing a good thing holding onto it. What needs to happen I think is a userland jailbreak first, apple can't patch that until the next firmware, then when all the second batch of iPhone 4 comes out the bootrom jailbreak so apple can't patch it before more then halve of the other users get the iPhone and ate stuck with a identical situation to the new 3GS new bootrom issue. I do think that there could be possibly a better reason for the non release such as one I gave instead of his "no plans" thing. I'm not saying he has to give it to us, he can keep it forever, but he will never get the full advantage to jailbreak because the developers will never get to develop for the ios 4, so it wouldn't be much of a point of a jailbreak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.