You gotta be kidding me...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DragoonC, Dec 27, 2008.

1. DragoonC

DragoonC New Member

Well this is weird. I was listening to music on my Touch 2G (16GB) 15 minutes ago when I noticed that neither the menu and the power buttons worked. The only thing I seemed to be able to do was use the touch screen and the volume buttons.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, I plugged it into my PC to try if a sync would do any help, and this is where it became really weird. I checked back on my pod 10 minutes later and a saw the message Sync complete. But when I tried to turn it on again I got a "White Screen" that wont go away no matter what I do. This is quite frustrating since I got rid of my old MP3 and music is something I listen to every day and a great way to be introduced to Apple products.

If anyone could figure out whats going on I would be thankful for any kind of help. Also I have the latest update on my Ipod Touch and has done nothing funky with it, and it's in tip top shape.
  2. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    RESTORE. if that doesn't work, send it to apple and have it replaced.
  3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Force reboot your iPod by holding both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds.
  4. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

its frozen, turn it off by holding home and power for 10 sec or until it reboots.. happened to me once.
  5. DragoonC

DragoonC New Member

Ok so I tried to force reboot it but it gets stuck on the apple logo. Doesn't seem to solve the problem.
  6. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Put into recovery mode then.

1. Turn iPod off.
    2. Hold the home button.
    3. While continuing to hold the home button, plug the iPod in.
    4. Wait for iTunes to detect your iPod

Then restore.
  7. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

k, press and hold home and power again until screen goes pitch black. then connect it to itunes, hold home for 5 sec, dont let go, and hold power and home for 10 sec, then only let go of power, but keep holding home for 20-30 sec, then restore
  8. DragoonC

DragoonC New Member

Ah superb! Wow, that brings me back to the old days when you tried to put in a code in a video game. Anyway that seemed to do it, hopefully it won't happen again. Appreciate the help! I wonder what caused the problem though...