You got the name all wrong

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kalpa11, Sep 10, 2009.

1. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Steve jobs didn't change the name to 3g or 2gs it's just the iPod Touch 2G with a slight upgrade to it's hardware (big deal

Please Register or Log in to view images

) So i'm just trying to clear that up. I still have a 1G ipod touch so i'm gonna wait for the 3g hopefully it'll have some satisfying specs or else i'm going for iphone 4g when it comes out. hmmm does anyone know why no one has gotten the upgraded 2g yet? something fishy is going on..I suspect our old man has got something up his sleave.

Cuz either he got a liver transplant or a brain transplant.
    Because who in their right mind would screw up the marketing so bad and also fail apple's stock quotes.

I'm not so sure if the surgeon knew which patient he was working on.
  2. ilikeguitar90

ilikeguitar90 New Member

Oh really? Where'd you get this fact from?

It's a 3G. Please stop crying about the lack of huge improvements. Go get a used 16GB 3G iphone for $300-400 if you really want the mic and camera that badly. Problem solved.
  3. Togor

Togor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually according to Apple its the iPod Touch. Just like all the other ones. So now we can STFU ABOUT THIS!!!
  4. thekodanator

thekodanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    lol well said
  5. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I'm pretty sure a CPU, RAM and GPU update isn't minor. Just because it doesn't have a camera doesn't mean it isn't an update.
  6. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple has never referred to the iPod touch as the "iPod touch 1G" or "iPod touch 2G".
  7. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    amen, just wait till they see the graphical capabilities of the 3g. Open gl for all!
  8. hydropunk

hydropunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    These are all I care about personally. The ipod touch is already a fabulous device. If the touch 3g changes are not worthy items for you to purchase a 3g over what you have right now, you probably aren't the target market for this device.

Apple (and most companies for that matter) don't design and market products that they expect you to use for one year and then replace. Considering that, you should figure that they aren't going to go out of their way to make sure this is a MUST BUY device if you had the previous generation. The touch 3g is simply, quite obviously, an upgrade intended for people that have no ipod touch or at most, for people who have a 1g and are looking to get a big upgrade in hardware as well as bluetooth, speakers, etc.

Get over the lack of a camera and mic. If you want these features so badly, ebay an iphone and don't activate it as a phone, or buy the competition that has them.
  9. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You realize that, the whole 3G and 1G and 2G thing is created by fans not Apple themselves? And, the graphic capabilities of an iPod or an iPhone can't go as far as you think the sky is not the limit in this case is what people need to start to understand, an iPod like all other devices is not void to that rule of thumb, a name backing a product doesn't mean that it's capable of everything, it just means that it comes from that company. Which can be a good company or a bad company, but either way, past actions do not always reflect on the future ones, even though they do for the most part.
  10. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

The iPod Touch 3rd Generation does have ARM Cortex-A8 833 MHz (underclocked to 600MHz) and PowerVR SGX GPU and twice the ram to 256mb, so a little enthusiasm is hardly surprising