"You are running out of disk space. Please delete some photos or videos" -lies!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by revenoff, Feb 25, 2008.

1. revenoff

revenoff New Member

i downloaded boss tools and relocated apps a long time ago

i have about 11 gigs of music, 500mb of programs, and 3.5 free gigs(boss tools confirms i have free space on /var, but says i have 0mb free on the 300mb partition)

when i try and download a 25mb dictionary, it gives me that error...

edit: i relocated my fonts which i neglected to do earlier and that freed up 84mb on my 300mb partition. i then installed the 25mb dictionary(actually it was an update) and now im down to 17mb / 300mb

this is confusing.... not only did it go to the wrong place, but it took up 67 mb when it only should have probably take up AT MOST 1 mb(since it was an update, i already had the package)
  2. revenoff

revenoff New Member

downloaded a 10mb update, back down to 0 mb and nothing will install anymore....

help please
  3. Avatarv

hmmm, this is a WeDict dictionary rite? hmm, even without the bosstools move it should go into the /var folder anyway, so im not sure why it did that, but a possible fix could be to SSH into ur ipod and move some stuff (like that dictionary maybe, if its actually there).

Just back up ur stuff in case sumthing goes wrong!
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  5. revenoff

revenoff New Member

i don't see any dictionaries in my /applications or /private/applications folder

even if this did work it would only be a temporary fix until i fill up the partition again

tried it, gave me a permissions error after the first command. i tried changing the permissions per his suggestion on page 3, didn't work. thought it might have been because i already had an applications folder in /private/var, so i backed it up and deleted it, tried again - different error that no one mentioned. restored my backup, applications no longer work

time to restore
  6. bundyxc

bundyxc Member

iPod touch is a lie. lol.

For all you Portal-players:

THE CAKE IS A LIE!
  7. tlknocke

tlknocke New Member

I think I know what went wrong.

------

You moved all your apps into your media portion using the BossTool app. This included the weDict stuff.

When you updated that file, it put the update in the application section, not the media. The installer does not put applications into the media section.

This means that you are now working off of something in the application section, thus adding the entire package instead of just the "1 mb update."
  8. Avatarv

that could very well be it.