YOU are Dev-Team or Chronic. Update us please !

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by goofball, Jan 30, 2009.

1. goofball

goofball New Member

Originally Posted by RavenII
    Hmm, you raise a very interesting point !
    As you said, "to release a tethered JB makes it look like they have been defeated". I think that both Dev-Team & Chronic-Dev would agree.
    Does that mean that if they cant find an un-tethered solution they will
    never release a tethered version so as to save face ?
    Are they at that point right NOW ?
    Are we faced with no updates any more because both are at the same
    place ? Has Apple won the battle ?
    I think what we need now is a real update from both Dev-Team & Chronic.
    Its not good enough to say we are looking and we will get back to you when we are done.

Example 1 of what they could say....

Quote:
    "hey ipod community, we are looking into the bootrom and are looking for exploits like possible buffer overflows etc. We estimate we are about 20% though looking through the file. 20% doesnt mean much though as complexity changes throughout the file and while we are 20% now, next month we might be at 21%".

Example 2 of what they could say...

Quote:
    "hey ipod community, this bootrom is a nightmare and we only have 2 dudes working on it for 2 hours a day. We hope to increase the time invested asap. We will update you in 1 week or possibly earlier if we have a breakthrough. Stay tuned."

So you are Dev-Team or Chronic-Dev. Post what you would say if you had to tell everyone your status even though you have NOT finished the JB.
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i would say
    "were working on it and making progress. BUt we have no idea when it will be released. Or rather, we know exactly when it will be released. WHEN ITS DONE!. Now stop your whining and pleading and moaning cos it wont make the slightest difference and its jkust making you look like spoiled kids. We'll release when a)its ready and b) we want to."
  3. zeipodtouchguru

zeipodtouchguru New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ive already stated my opinion. We need an update. Its been 3 weeks.
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would say this:

Stop making useless threads in forums as it is not helping. Your emails and threads are only distracting us from our work.
  5. goofball

goofball New Member

Of course they dont know when it will be released.
    Thats NOT what the thread is about. Its what you say about progress.
    Arent we entitled to more than "were working on it" ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well thats not an update, now is it ?
  6. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i think thats where we differ. you seem to think that we ARE entitled to something. i would say, you and i and anyone else is ENTITLED to nothing.

if we were paying their wages and waiting for something that had passed its deadline, then yes we would be entitled to ask questions. But were not, were just people keen to use something that others make out of their love for doing this kind of stuff. we dont pay them, they dont even accept donations. I think that says more about them than all the comments and threads say about the people posting them.
  7. goofball

goofball New Member

Well, maybe but its not hard or time consuming to type one paragraph to explain to the following masses your status. Its just common courtesy.
  8. zeipodtouchguru

zeipodtouchguru New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I just want an update. Its been a long time.
  9. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you think one paragraph would be enough? wouldny everyone else then comment on that paragraph and want more? and as i said before, the ones that should be courteous are the ones getting something for nothing. they owe us nothing

but im not gonna go backwards and forwards on this with you. so ill leave it at that.
  10. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You don't need anything. Stop being so selfish in thought. Neither team has any obligation to do anything for us, so don't make it seem like they need to do anything.

Edit: I know you probably don't demand anything, so I think I overreacted. It's just that the word choice tapped a nerve with me.