You And 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by carter112233, Jun 22, 2008.

1. carter112233

carter112233 New Member

Alright the point of this thread is to figure out what people think of the new 2.0 update ( like if

you think it's bad, good or in between). Also it's about what you think about all the new apps

and updates that are coming out with it( i.e. new safari icon, mobile me or bomber man,

things of that sort). Pretty much this thread is just so you can express your interests towards

the things 2.0 update has to offer.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know this is a little late, but i am interested in what peoples opinion is on the 2.0 update.
  2. gradu

gradu Banned

amazing

screw jailbreaking, 2.0 FTW¬

its never gonna ge hacked, and if it does, then there is no point lulz
    so it is amazing the 2.0, and i caannot wait anymore!
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There have been a ton of threads like this already, but I'm looking forward to 2.0. I don't really care if it's ever jailbroken. I'm getting rather tired of jailbreaking my Touch.
  4. mcdavid68

mcdavid68 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It looks amazing. But im gonna miss summerboard/customize. Still can't wait though new apps are gonna b great
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You people just don't get it, do you?
    2.0 will be jailbroken, all of the betas have been.
    The new container that is in beta 4 (I believe) and up, Img3, was pulled apart within a day.
    The Dev Team is most likely polishing their release, because really, what is the sense of jailbreaking a beta if none of the current applications run on it?
    I've already talked to RiPDev, who is, as you know, working closely with the Dev Team and Nullriver, and they've stated that their programs will work on 2.0, which obviously means it will be jailbroken.

By the way, there will be no new Safari icon.
    It's the icon they use when they refer to the internet suite of programs Safari, Mail, and Maps.
  6. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Most ppl jailbreak because of 3rd party aplication, now after 2.0 there won't be needed for that, only for emulators, customizing and IM (before notification system will be out). It won't kill jailbreak that for sure, but it will reduce number of JB iPod units may even to half. The plus of non-JB system is safe stability, this is what will atract ppl.