Yet another upgrading thread :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by User77, Oct 11, 2008.

1. User77

User77 New Member

OK, I know this has been discussed to death before. I've been "away" for awhile because my ipod got bricked when I tried to upgrade it using winpwn.

Now I got a new one as a replacement and I've just jailbroken it. It's using 1.1.4 firmware and I'm not sure what iTunes version, probably the latest. (I don't know if this is important, but if I need the iTunes 7.7 version, how can I downgrade this latest one?)

Now, I would like you to tell me if it's worth upgrading it to 2.0.x and if it is, I would appreciate if someone described exactly how to do it (please be precise

Please Register or Log in to view images

) or at least DIRECTED me to somewhere where it is thoroughly and intelligibly written.

I don't want to end up with another bricked iPod and I just want to get the most out of the thing. It's quite difficult to do it properly considering all the versions and firmwares and everything so it would be nice to find an exact, detailed guide.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you all!
  2. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

1 - Get iTunes 8
    2 - Buy the 2.0 Firmware
    3 - Restore/Upgrade iPod Touch in iTunes
    4 - Enjoy
    5 - If you want to jailbreak then download QuickPWN 2.1. (Make sure that it is not the Morphey Version)
    6 - Follow what the program says
    7 - Done

If you have any question feel free to ask.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned