Yet another touch/iPhone mod train of thought..

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by GTPprix, Sep 25, 2007.

1. GTPprix

GTPprix New Member

I think we might not be as bad off as people think we are, at least I hope so since I have a little theory (that hopefully you guys and gals can help me prove

Please Register or Log in to view images

My theory is this: Apple tried to circumvent people using the jailbreak by releasing the new iPhone software with the iTunes store on the Touch. If this is indeed the case we sort of have a head start and people wanting to jailbreak the new iPod firmware will be in luck it seems. Am I on the right track do you think or am I off in left field?

My hacking experience is limited to Automotive Engine Controller and other modules but I'm going to be playing with the iPod software here today most likely and see if I can see anything useful.

Thoughts/insight are appreciated!
  2. jamesybsu

jamesybsu New Member

I think once everyone finally gets the iPoT we will be in good shape. I don't think enough hackers have their hands on the new touch to be able to crack it. I'm not worried though, it will happen, even if we have to pay an Apple Software Engineer.
  3. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

indeed. its just a matter of time. the iphone hack wasn't instant, it took awhile.