Yet another Restore Error 1603 after *trying* to install 3.0 software update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scarla, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Scarla

Scarla New Member

What a bargin, for just £5.99 we'll update 'n' break your Ipod. I'm guessing it's safe to assume contacting Apple does f**k all?

I bought the 3.0 upgrade thing, and I had no trouble downloading it fine, then when it started to update my Ipod it came back with "Blah blah error 1603 I'm a piece of sh*t" and said I needed to restore it. I clicked restore, and it spent 5 minutes "Preparing to restore Ipod Touch", then came back with the same thing. Done this looooots of times now, and I ain't a happy bunny.

I've gone through the Apple trouble-shooting guide with no results, plus searching google to no avail. Most people with the same problem get it because they 'jailbroke' it or something, which I've never done, so presumably I need a different solution, or the solutions just didn't plain work.

I've got an Ipod Touch 2nd gen, Itunes 8.2, and a Windows Vista PC, any kind of help would be very much appreciated. Pretty please?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try Going Into DFU Mode, (Guide Here), then clicking update. If that doesn't work, Go into DFU Mode, and Hold Shift + Click restore and select the firmware file on your PC.
    Usually located in C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update.
  3. kev50088

kev50088 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The same thing happened to me so i took it to apple, they said do it again, does it again-failed.. took it to apple, have thme resotred for me-failed again, took it to my bros friend's laptop and it actually restored for some reaason, took it to my computer restored it- failed, took it to apple, they restored it for me, jailbroken to 2.2.1, I hate windows xp 64 bit...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and btw is your computer a 64 bit?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and now apple won't give me a refund..