Yet another Java thread.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by blackheart, Jun 7, 2008.

1. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, It's been few months until I got an ipod touch but it's been collecting dust since I also got a Palm TX and I was using that as a PDA. I decided to start using my touch considering the power that can be unleashed from this device. It's the first time I successfully JB it. 1.1.4 using Ziphone 3.0 on windows. The coolest app for it is the terminal.

I saw a tutorial on how to put JAVA SE on it on the forums using iphone.saurik.com repo. I added it to my sources as it said in the tutorial but, in the installer, the section for java will not show up as said in the tut. so I can not install it the JVM and gnu-classpath and stuff like that. I heard that Sun is releasing a JAva VM for ipod touch this June. Will it be only for 2.0? I don't feel like going with an official apple version. I want JB. MUHAHAH. Also, I heard it will be only for Java ME. f*** that, I don't feel like learning ME. So right now, what is the solution to put Java SE VM on my touch? Anybody did it like it said in the tut?

here is the tutorial http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12315

VIVA IPHONE HACKERS!
  2. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    2.0 will be jailbreakable.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would use cydia. I think I remember seeing some java stuff in there.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There is no proof of that whatsoever. Though we know that it IS possible. We don't know if anyone is doing it or if the iPhone Dev team secretly has a plan up their sleeve.

Speculation is fun.
  5. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Stop Swearing!!!!