Yet another competitor

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by SiXAXiS, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
  2. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Lovin' it. I wonder how the Windows 7 OS on a tablet will compare to the iPhone OS on iPad. I think that is where the real competition is.

Also, for a tablet to compete with the iPad, I think it has to have some sort of hardware that the iPad doesn't have. A.k.a. camera, USB slots, optical drive, keyboard or mouse input, etc. Not sure if this stacks up to that, and the four hour batter life is a huge turnoff for me.
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't think tarts should run FULL operating systems, that's what I like about iPad, but we will ve to see if HP can pull it off

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I DO think it should run a full operating system. There are some really nice apps out there for Windows, OS X and even Linux/BSD.
  5. stillercity

stillercity New Member

Do you think a tablet which has no mouse input can run successfully on an Operating System designed for keyboard and mouse input?

Honestly a question, I don't know what to think. I mean, Windows 7 is a perfect OS in my mind but I'm not sure how usable it will be with just touch input.
  6. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I think the same thing. The size of your finger compared to the start button is colossal. I looked at images of the Slate being displayed on Engadget and the guy displaying it has finger 3 times the size of the button.
  7. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I'd rather have an OS that actually works well, and a battery that lasts long enough to take the device out and about, rather than another garbage incarnation of Windows, a sh*tty Atom chip, and a pitiful four hours.

Just my opinion.
  8. stillercity

stillercity New Member