Yet ANOTHER bug in the 3.0 software

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by JJ-Hoon, Jun 23, 2009.

1. JJ-Hoon

JJ-Hoon New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey, yesterday i upgraded to 3.0 with my 2nd gen ipod, and jailbroke it with redsn0w. Today when i started listening to Tupac, the volume control would suddenly go up, my ears would bleed, and my ipod convieniently shuts off the music for no apparent reason.

I have tried rebooting, same prob.. i really dont want to go back to the hassle of restoring my ipod, re-jailbreaking it and copying back my 7 gigs of stuff.

Any help, info or sympathy would be greatly appreciated, not the last part as much though.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You sure its a 3.0 bug, not a Jailbreak bug?
  3. Raytheon117

Raytheon117 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't think that's a 3.0 bug. I recall something similar happening to me on 2.2 after I jailbroke about 2 months after. However, I didn't have the random shut off problem you have, but my volume did go to max... Good thing I had a limit on. My advice is to either see if it vanishes on its own. If it doesn't, try to ssh into the iPod and back up all your custom installed stuff like themes. Some apps need a fresh install though.
  4. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

Happened a few times (albeit rarely) on 2.1-2.2.1, both stock and Jailbroken. Very annoying bug... good thing I wasn't using IEMs during the times it happened
  5. Ravenatic

Ravenatic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Not had that happen :s