Yes.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPodFondle, Dec 17, 2008.

1. iPodFondle

iPodFondle New Member

I have the new iPod Touch 2G, and unfortunately, I've encountered a few problems. Being the idiot that I is, I decided to spray the iPod with Windex.. Not a good plan. Suffered from a little water damage, touch screen stopped working for a bit.. So I tried the rice remedy. Fixed it. Still wasn't working very well, so I brought it my friend, a Certified Apple Mechanic here in town. He tried to pry it open with opening tools, cracked the glass. What I need to know is, if the glass is chipped in one corner (three hairline cracks), does it hinder the iPod's performance? And also, is there another way to fix water damage? It randomly turns on, and the screen is white with a black Apple logo and some purple lines. Help?
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

You should make him pay for it if he cracked it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Water damage tends to be permanent sadly.
    And a little crack in the corner wont do anything. Somebody even have a completely cracked screen and it still works.
  4. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Lol, I remember that kid that got his ran over by a truck and it still works.
  5. Sepulveda

Sepulveda New Member

God, if i was rich I would get a ipod touch just to break the screen, it looks cool.
  6. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Woa money abuse though

Please Register or Log in to view images

And when you crack your screen your acturally only crack the glass on top of it. Dealextreme got replacement glass for about.. 25$
  7. Sepulveda

Sepulveda New Member

Good price. Though if its anything like installing a screen on other devices its hella hard work, and annoys me if stuff gets under the glass.
  8. iPodFondle

iPodFondle New Member

so no ways to fix water damage? I did the whole tissue-headphone jack trick and it was wet and the liquid indicator is now white. still not turning on, and isn't reacting to any buttons I push, no matter if I hold down the hold button and home button for 20 minutes. no remedies?
  9. Germany

Germany Banned

In most water damage cases, most of them seem to be permanent. This happens more with cell phones and they usually are permanent damage. I suspect the same would be with the iPod because all of the cases of water damage I have heard of have been fatal. You need to be a lot more careful with your iPod because it seems to me that it will never be normal again.
  10. iPodFondle

iPodFondle New Member

Couldn't I open up the whole thing and wipe the water off the screen?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Re-bump.