yes or no to jailbreak my new iPod touch? Need help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Touchnoob0211, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just got my 8 gb touch shipped to me.. Everything is awesome and I have been reaserching on wether I want to void my warranty and risk messing the ipod up.. What are the common known issues with jailbreak? Anything not working afterwards? Im also wondering should i wait for janurary when apple willrelease the update or whatever to allow 3rd party apps so i can have them and still have the standard warranty?

one more thing.. My ipod for some reason stops playing its music when its playing and surfing safari.. Its like its too much for the thing to handle. But my friends works fine

Thanks for anyone who replys!
  2. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

I say go for it before you add anything to it. If anything serious goes wrong, you can always/definitely restore with no problems, wiping out anything you put in it, but bringing it totally back to its factory settings with no one the wiser and the warranty still intact.

Jailbreaking it gives you so many more options and uses right away, it's not even a question, imho. To me, it's not worth waiting til the February (not January) firmware update when you can use it now. And whatever 3rd party apps come out may take some time.

Just be really careful to read the Jailbreak forum threads fully and do the steps carefully - like connecting your ipod touch to your pc/mac beforehand. Everything on mine is fine.

Can't help you with the music and safari issue, but then I haven't tried doing both simultaneously.
  3. Thomax

Thomax New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They are going release an update to allow 3rd party apps? I want the link to where you read that.
  4. lawlz_xD

lawlz_xD New Member

apple will never allow 3rd party apps...whatever apps apple will allow us to have will probably be stupid or it will cost us money...
  5. Rallos

Rallos New Member

They are releasing a SDK for the development of 3rd party apps. Whether or not that will be available to the public or not is something nobody but Steve Jobs knows at the moment. As for the press release, I'm not going to dig it up. If you want to see it, google is your friend.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

Here's the link. Near the bottom.
    http://www.apple.com/hotnews/
  7. lawlz_xD

lawlz_xD New Member

Apple will be releasing it's own 3rd party apps...apple will not allow us to use what we are using now...
  8. avaloncourt

avaloncourt New Member

Exactly. The end of their announcement indicates they will be the ones who choose which apps are permitted to be released and it will funnel through them. Apple isn't going to do anything they don't want to do or goes against their best business interests. They'll never pass anything that's free for something they're going to get paid for.

The only way they're going to be able to "protect" the customers is to funnel everything through the iTunes store on an approved basis.
  9. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok.. The site is just apple.com/hotnews and just scroll down.. Crap i forgot what else i was gonna say. Oh ya. I have all my fav music. And vids already on this.. Would it make a diff if it was or not when i go to jailbreak it? Also. Ive been lookin on youtube vids for jailbreaking it. The one is uploaded by ipodtouchmaster.. Where do i go to download the zipped file?
  10. lawlz_xD

lawlz_xD New Member