YES! CFW on PSP... Now for more questions!

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by mmitt, Mar 14, 2009.

1. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey everyone! I finally got it working on 4.01 m33-2! So now, I have a few questions...

1. How can I put my game saves back on it?
    2. How can I update to the newest version?
    3. Is it safe to reformat my memory stick to use on the PSP again?
    4. What is the best homebrew?

Thanks!
  2. michaelsipod

michaelsipod New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    lmao i just got cfw today too! why you using 4.01, why not use 5.00?
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because I am a noob with PSP's... I hate their filesystem... How did you update? And are you using any homebrew??? I just figured out 1 & 3

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Same way you took them off? Just drag them into the right folder.
    psp-hacks.com has all the cfw updates
    yes. Actually, you should format it to get all the right folders (ISO, Game150, etc.)
    Not sure how it is now, but you might have to download the 1.50 kernel to use homebrew. Been a while since I've read up on the psp hacking scene.
  5. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ah ok... Thanks for the advice, but how do I update? And if I have the 1.50 kernel, do I have to have the 1.50 firmware, or can I run 5.00 m33-6? And how could I install the Homebrew after I download it?
  6. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. Put them in the old folder
    2. go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SebUXNmRoI0 to get to 5.00 m33. after you are there, go here http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=8158 and download the m33-6 update. put the update folder (with the eboot inside) in /psp/game/ and run it on your psp
    3. yes
    4. Stakker, halo psp is alright, PS archiver (like cydia), Jelly car, Snes9x TYL is awesome, also the gba emulator.\

edit: also get cxmb and cwcheat (glitchy), and irshell (lets you wiew pdf and play games+music and if u have psp 1001 u can use it as an ir remote.)

also, you get into the recovery menu by holding down r when u boot (set plugins, system things, etc.)
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You dont need 1.50 firmware, just the kernel. You use it with cfw, such as 5.00 m33-6.

To update, you download the update stuff from psp-hacks.com. It'll come with instructions on how to do the actual update. Most likely, you'll need the 5.00 update .pbp file. You put the folder you downloaded in the GAME folder, the it should show up on your psp. Run that, let it update, then you can delete that folder off your memory card.

For homebrew, you'll most likely have 2 folders. "%folder" and "folder"(or something like that). You put those in the GAME150 folder, and they should show up on your psp.
  8. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think this might be in the wrong section...

Anyways, I advise you update to 5.00 M33-6, that's the newest update.

Most PSP homebrew isn't all that great tbh with you. I currently use PSP Tube (watch YouTube + a lot of other video sites), AFKIM (IM client), and PSP Filer (delete and move files on your PSP). Emulators are also pretty good. Everything is full speed besides N64, Dreamcast, DS, and all the other newer consoles. PSX does work flawlessly because Sony made that one.
  9. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or you could try 5.00 Gen-2A (or some crap like that) Although the dark alex releases are the most reliable.
  10. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Do you still need the Pandora battery and all that still?

Please Register or Log in to view images