Yes another EDGE/3G thread...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bubs58, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Would these wireless routers work?

http://www.futureshop.ca/search/sea...A21863006557E0B6BB15ABC8C3E90BE2A4&search=adv

tell me which is the best one and if it would work with my ipod touch wherever i am, i want to be able to stick it in a bag in my car and have internet while in the car or take it out and use it in my cottage, no cables

Also ingore the 2 posts below because i didnt want to start a new thread so i just edited my old thread

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

You can do this although it would probably work out cheaper buying the old iphone unlocked and getting a sim only mobile contract with unlimited data. As unapproved links are now not allowed I will just post snippets from the sites I found to do it with a iPod Touch:--

"you can connect an ipod touch using the wifi on a windows media phone such as the HTC Kaiser
    You need a programme on the Kaiser which routes the internet sharing over wifi rather than bluetooth or USB."

"How can you use your iPod Touch when you are in your car? On the Beach? At a Ball Game? In Your RV? We have a simple solution. Get an EVDO USB modem like the Sprint Compass 597 or the Verizon UM150 along with a Cradlepoint PHS300 EVDO Router... Now you will have a WiFi hotspot everywhere you go, and your iPod Touch will have high speed browsing thats faster than the 3G iPhone!"
  3. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch