yay i got scrap metal with a backlight!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joytoy322, Dec 18, 2009.

1. joytoy322

joytoy322 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok im not going to use the search feature. if anyone has had this happen to you. well.. thats really weird. so about 6 months ago i left my ipod in the rain. i didnt put it in rice or anything. my mistake. about 4 months later thinking it was completely trashed still i was like.. whatever and plugged it in and it worked. sort of.. the backlight was broken and the "volume up" and "turn off screen" did the same thing (turned the screen off and put the volume at highest). i was using it for a little while with no backlight. it was alright. and then a few days ago i was wondering if someone just tossed it out. i hadnt seen it in about 2 months so yesterday i went looking for it. when i found it i was going to take it apart and unplug the connecter between the backlight and main board. but i didnt have the tools. so knowing that theres probably about a 1 in a billion chance restoring it will fix the backlight i tried anyways. but each time getting different errors like 2 then 6, 8, 28 (mostly every time is 28 when i try to restore and update to newest firmware) and sometimes 2002 or something like that. well i got wicked mad and threw the ipod at my wall and the screen got all cracked and whatever. but when i picked it up, the backlight was on T_T. so now this is where i am, ive tried every kind of restore starting with the 2.1.1 firmware and up. each one i get a different error but the first time i erased and synced it did erase the ipod. and for reference it is or at least was jailbroken. now when it turns on i see the pineapple icon i set when i jailbroke it. but tbh im not even sure the touch screen works. im out of ideas as to how to fix it. im not sure if im just wasting my time now but if youve got any ideas id love to hear them. and hope im not in the wrong section.. or at least not too far off. thanks for reading.
  2. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Sounds bad. Yeah, should have left it in rain but there are minerals in rain that could have fried it anyway. Especially in 4 months. Nice title.
  3. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You should have just returned it to Apple once it wasn't working well but there is the jailbreak. Well should have just hoped they wouldn't notice the jailbreak.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Right.. cause no one would notice the Pwnapple bootlogo..
  5. joytoy322

joytoy322 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol i wasnt expecting any like GO DO THIS AND ITS AWESOME AGAIN but i never had a warranty anyways and apple wasnt going to take it before because of a screen crack. i had one on the top. now i can barely make out the connect to itunes sign but im still persistent on getting it to work because i dont care about the apps or IM i just need somewhere to store my music. this was my first ipod and im out alot.. (the radio sucks). well haha thanks for the quick replys

Please Register or Log in to view images

ill update if i actually get it working. its had its fair share of wtf's so who knows it could surprise me in another 2 months xD
  6. joytoy322

joytoy322 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok well im mad that tap tap 3 just came out =/ because yesterday i basically took the whole thing apart after one last attempt at reformatting it and broke it into tiny pieces and then threw it out.. i wonder if i can still return it T_____________________T (it wasnt out of anger that thing was gone.)