yahoo mail problems on itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Feb 17, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok. I got some iphone apps for upod touch firmware 1.1.1. I'm having trouble with mail. It asks me to input my yahoo account information to get my yahoo mail account set up for my ipod touch. I put all of the information in and it starts verifying my account information. It says that username or password for imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com is wrong. I am certain that the information is correct because I log into yahoo mail like 10 times every day. Is there something that I have to set up on my email account at yahoo.com?
  2. Shade

Shade New Member

You can only use yahoo mail through their online portal... unless you get a yahoo plus account
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

and Yahoo! Plus costs $20.
  4. Shade

Shade New Member

So basically get a gmail account

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. vegaspimp13

vegaspimp13 Banned

or use izymail
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

7. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the problem with izymail is that after 20 days, you have to pay. I am notoriously cheap.
  8. shifttrans

shifttrans New Member

No, no, no. Don't pay for a Yahoo Plus account. The Yahoo CEO stated in the original keynote that it was free. I'm using a free account right now and I had the same problem. For some reason, my date/time was off (by a whole week) maybe because I synced it on a computer with a bad date. Anyway bigdd444 gave me the solution just to fix the time/date and now it's working again. Let us know if this works.
  9. daviduk22

daviduk22 New Member

Hello All,

I was having the same problem today, hence why I joined this forum. I found that somehow my clock had reset and was displaying 7 pm Jan-01-2000, when it was really 2 am Apr-06-2008. I read post after post and even signed up for an IzyMail account, but I found that resetting the clock allowed me to sync my mail. Now it is back up and running fine. The only root of this problem that I can detect is the fact that I didn't use my iPod Touch for about 2 weeks and let the battery drain completely. Hope this helps.
  10. daveyscott341

daveyscott341 New Member

Much obliged, daviduk22. I was quite perplexed by not being able to access my Itouch Yahoo email, but, after taking your suggestion, checked my date settings, which we're screwed up.

Everything's all better now. Thanks.