Yahoo Mail & Mail.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by truthstar, Dec 6, 2007.

1. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What is up? I try to connect to my Yahoo Mail on my iPod and it gives me an error that my username or password is wrong and cant connect to an address it lists. Not sure what is up but if Yahoo teamed up with Apple why shouldn't this work?

Please help, this would make my life so much better
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm going to go with the obvious here and say that you should try to re-enter your username and password, to make sure they're correct... you never know
  3. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

The Mail app doesn't work with the free Yahoo! Mail. It works with Yahoo! Plus. Search the forum - it's been discussed before.
  4. moonlight031982

moonlight031982 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    nope, free yahoo mail worked for me

i have a free international account of yahoo. (mine is yahoo.com.ph). and mail.app is working fine with me. LOLPERTE PM me and here is my reply for him:

"yup i did resolve it. if your in yahoo.com, you could just prefer the yahoo logo on the mail.app. but if your using yahoo international (mine is yahoo.com.ph - for philippines) u should go to "other". and then choose "pop". enter your name, email address and description you want for that certain account. in the "incoming mail server" enter this to your host name = "pop.mail.yahoo.com.ph" (ph is for philippines, change it you have different extention) then enter your username and password (same as you enter those when checking mail on a pc). on the "outgoing mail server (smtp)" type this for your hostname = "smtp.mail.yahoo.com.ph", enter again your username and password (note: it says optional but you should enter those info).and then tap save. it will take a while and when a message appear asking you to use ssl, tap on yes or ok.and then go to settings on your ipodtouch, tap on email, under accouts,tap the account that you have created.and then far below,tap advanced.in the incoming settings, make sure that use SSL is "on",authentication = password, and server port = 995.on the outgoing settings,check if the use ssl is "on", authentication = password, and server port = 465.after that try now your mail.app, try dowloading your emails.hope this one work for you, mine is running smoothly. good luck."

try it, it may work for you too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. truthstar

truthstar Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was a bit confused by that response you made, but I tried it, no working.

It just doesn't make sense why Yahoo would be so gun ho iPhone and not mention you have to PAY to get your Yahoo Mail
  6. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

so that way u wanna sign up for a free account, thinking everything is all fine and dandy. then they hope u will upgrade once u see that u need to, which will give them more money. if it just says "to use iphone u need to pay" then chances r less ppl would use it

their whole purpose is to try to get people to upgrade
  7. ywc19

ywc19 New Member

There was a previous post about this - that an international Yahoo! Mail account can work with the mail app, but not free U.S. Yahoo! mail accounts.
  8. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I had yahoo mail working on my touch. I have since restored and haven't set it up again, but i think you have to change the settings in ur yahoo account. Look up checking mail from mobile devices in their help page or something. Trust me, it can be done. Yahoo has a page that tells you what info to put in for your servers on your touch and other things u need to know to get ur mail working.

If I have time later I'll figure it out and post the info, but I gotta go to work, time to save the world and such....
  9. Alvough

Alvough New Member

I have been having the same problem. I have the paid yahoo mail and it just doesn't work. Both google and my .mac address works fine.
  10. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You don't have to pay - if you have an iPhone. Somehow it can tell the difference I guess or they have special accounts that come with their service plans... No idea, but the iPod Touch is just SOL...