Yahoo Calendar Sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sinnott4, Apr 4, 2010.

1. sinnott4

sinnott4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Purchased a 32 GB ITouch and it installed with no problems using Windows 7 and ITunes. I just installed the new version of ITunes (9.1.0.79) and I am running 3.1.3 on my I Touch. I can no longer sync my Yahoo Calendar. When I go to the Info tab on ITunes, it now states that there is no supported Mail or Calendar application and will not allow me to make an entry in the box. I have also attempted to enter the Yahoo calendar account on the ITouch, but I cannot enter the account there. I have looked at older postings, however I have not uncovered a solution to this problem. It appears that other people are experiencing the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    After discussion with Apple for 35 minutes and talking to their "Supervisor", somehow the phone conncetion was broken. I called a second time and was told that "There was no support for syncing Yahoo calendar to the ITouch. I finally figured out how do do it myself.

1. Go to settings
    2. Go Mail, Contacts, Calendars
    3. Add Account
    4. Press "Other"
    5. Add CalDAV Account
    6. for Server, enter "calendar.yahoo.com
    7. Enter User Name and password
    Plug your ITouch into your USB port and it should now sync your Yahoo Calendar..... Something Apple Said could not be done!
  2. Hahaha. I love how they don't know how to do it yet with messing around we know more than they do. LOL
  3. LAsianMuscle

LAsianMuscle New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    How about sync from device to Yahoo?

Managed to download and see Yahoo!Calendar to my iPhone and iPad.

Changes made on the Yahoo!Calendar are now visible on iPhone and iPad.

Question: It does not seem to work the other way. Has anyone figured out whether it's possible to make a change to iCal on the mobile device and have that change reflect back up to Yahoo!Calendar?

Many thanks!
  4. Switch over to Google and use Google Sync, it's so quick and painless