yahoo account on mail app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by shortguy088, Jan 2, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

is there any way to use a yahoo account on the mail app without upgrading to the premium account? i dont want to pay
  2. spraggih

spraggih New Member

Unfortunately none I know of*

Even if you paid $20 / year to access Yahoo via mail.app it would only be POP-- meaning changes you made within mail.app would not be reflected on Yahoo (e.g., marking messages as read) and vice versa.

I have Yahoo Plus and now forward the mail to Google which supports IMAP-- that basically allows any changes to be reflected.

I bet soon Yahoo will support IMAP and may offer it as free to remain competitive. I will say Yahoo's GUI is worlds better IMHO than Google's and feels more consumer-centric. But I do like Google's labels and speed.

* - I assume you already know you can access Yahoo mail via Safari (right-- so no need to re-mention).
  3. b40huckers

b40huckers New Member

I was able to use the POP mail with yahoo when I configured it today and I don't have a plus account. I am running the old yahoo mail page, follow the settings for POP and SMTP there.

Although I have just forwarded my yahoo mail to my gmail, easier with it all coming to one account.
  4. dino86

dino86 New Member

I had the same problem... I thought that its because I am not using paid account so i paid for yahoo plus and tried again and had no luck... Than I just forwarded my yahoo mail to my gmail because gmail works on iTouch... Now works fine but could not set up yahoo account on iTouch..