xWinPwn Tutorial

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by kenny999, Jul 25, 2008.

1. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

I have had much trouble with WinPwn. I want to share my success with all of you. I had the Error 6 and 1600 errors . Please follow my tutorial and I can guarantee you will jailbreak you 2.0 iPod.

1.) Download this.. http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?ygd2s2tx1cs

2.) You will have a zip file. Please make a folder on your desktop of any name and extract all the files in it.

3.) Now open the folder and copy and paste you 2.0 Firmware FINAL 5A347 in the home of that folder and also put it in the /Firmware Bundle/iPod1,1_2.0_5A347.bundle folder in the folder you created.

4.) Now that its in those two places, run xpwn.exe in the folder.

5.) Press Create Custom IPSW it will autmatically get the firmware you put in those folders. A terminal black screen thing will come up. Let it run. This may take 5 minutes.

6.) It will says its DONE however, it is not done. Wait till the screen disappears by itself. When it says its done wait like a minute for this to happen. This will cause errors if you don't wait.

7.) Push Start Pwnage and follow the instructions or the ones I list below.

8.) Open iTunes and connect your iPod Touch

9.) Now time for DFU mode. Turn your ipod off. Now put you first finger on the "HOME" button. Then put another finger on the Power/Hold button on top while your finger is on the HOME button. Once both fingers on the home/hold button at the same time, wait 10-12 seconds. Then release the power/hold button and keep your other finger on the home button. A sound or some dialog should come up saying your in DFU mode.

10.) Hold the Shift Button and click restore. Now go to the xWinPwn folder you created and go to Custom Firmwares directory and click custom_ipod.ipsw .

11.) Your iPod Touch should restore successfully and may take longer than a normal 2.0 restore. Be patient.

12.) Enjoy!

Common Problems

When in Cydia Installer download OpenSSH you may have trouble getting in at first just try and try again eventually you will get it.

BossTool if you download, when you relocate something, it will not show anything like a circle showing its working. So once you push "DO IT" just wait a minute or two and eventually something will come up saying its successful.

ENJOY!
  2. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Why use xwinpwn? WinPwn is better, no disrespect to the maker, but WinPwn is just more stable
  3. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

Not really. Like I said.. I tried WinPwn me and thousands of other people got Error 6 and Error 1600. xWinPwn is not less stable. It works great if you know how to work it. This is just a alternative if you cannot get WinPwn to work.

Learn to read what I said.
  4. iPod_SAge

iPod_SAge New Member

Not necessary.
  5. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

Yes it is well.. I tried it first with only in the home part of the folder and it didnt work. I thought that was unnecessary. This worked for me. Give me credit guys.
  6. royboy303

royboy303 New Member

This has been tutorial has been just rendered obsolete
    CMW has updated winpwn 2.03
    this release has fixed the vista related problems eg. error 1600, pwnage crashing...
    Btw they are professionals and i must say they work really fast
  7. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

Wow you guys arent listening. I DO NOT HATE WINPWN. It didnt work for me. This did. It works fine though. So I am done.

Maybe winpwn is more stable. JUST MAYBE. I know people have problems with Xwinpwn. But this worked for me. Its not different than winpwn. Big woop I dont care about custom logos.
  8. sonofagun72

sonofagun72 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Calm down guys hes just sharing information on a different way to jailbreak. And by telling him that winpwn is better isn't the smartest thing you could be doing on this forum. Thats like saying this shirt is better when they are happy with what they got.
  9. kenny999

kenny999 New Member

I totally agree. I mean if this worked for me great. If that worked for you great. I have no trouble with it. Whats done is done. I have a SSH and Jailbroken iPod Touch and will enjoy installer in the future thats it.
  10. bastz

bastz New Member

Seriously, I liked xwinpwn more than winpwn. I jailbroke it first with xwinpwn then tried with winpwn and it just failed so many times.

The first time I did it with xwinpwn it worked perfectly.

Nice tut btw.

Please Register or Log in to view images