Xtra Application, my first app in Objective C!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, May 21, 2008.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok, first off I just started to learn objective C on Sunday, and am proud that I have made this so far. I got a lot of help from GoJohnnyBoi (thanks!). It doesn't do a whole lot and I know that there are many many applications like it, I just made this to learn the code and get practice at it, use it if you wish

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Anyway as you can see im not very creative with names so I just call it Xtra, and also it has no icon.png because I'm not good at making them. It can "soft" respring (set language), respring, and reboot your ipod/iphone it can also activate and disable the bluetooth icon in the top bar for ipod/iphone. So please don't tell me that I am stupid for making this app or anything like that, I just made this to practice the code, and if any of you want I can post the source code for it, so you can learn to. Here are some screenshots.

1. To install it just download it (link at bottom of post).
    2. put the Xtra.app into your /Applications folder and then chmod it to 755.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Carnage

Carnage Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im going to use it for restarting my ipod touch.
  3. purp987

purp987 New Member

good job on your first app

just wondering would you like me to put in my repo?
  4. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

isnt this the same as powertool no offence though
  5. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes it is a bit like it because I got the code from gojohnnyboi as a sample to look at how I was supposed to set of prefs. tables as those confused me, but don't worry my next app will be more original and better

6. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    umm... he said like 3 times in the first post that he realizes this app isnt the first of its kind...

And its cool that you already made a functional application having just learned Objective C about 4-5 days ago.... pretty amazing...