Xp To Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joentg, Nov 19, 2007.

1. joentg

joentg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys I finally ditched my xp computer and bought a new 24inch imac. What I wanna know is

A-will it have the newest version of itunes and will that affect my hacked iptouch
    B-How easy is it and what progams do I use to hack/sftp into my iptouch.
    C-Ive heard that when you hook an ipod up to a mac that was formerly used on a pc that you will have to reformat you ipod. Is this True.

Any help on this subject that will help with this transition from pc to mac will be extremely helpfull.

My IPtouch is 1.1.2 firmware running summerboard and the hexed version of customize with the cow on the first page not the chicken I do have open ssh and used to use winscp/cuteftp to hack into my IPtouch.
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

a) It might have the latest version, it might not - but it should automatically update. It won't have any detrimental effect on your iPod.

b) Macs are dead easy to use, and most of the PC apps you used have a Mac version, or another almost identical application. To SFTP into your iPod I recommend Cyberduck and to SSH you can use the terminal built into Mac OS X you'll find it in /Applications/Utilities

C) New iPods come preformatted in FAT32 so they can be used on PC and Mac without formatting in between. But if you want to sync to a new computer it'll wipe it anyway.

Any other questions let me know, otherwise enjoy your new mac!
  3. joentg

joentg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks; well i can get around having to sync to my mac by choosing to manually manage my itunes library right? But even if i did wipe all the media, I backed up all my music movies and pics onto an external and just dumped it onto the mac.