XP ONLY 1.1.4 Jailbreak Guide Using Ziphone & ZiphoneKilla RESOLVES Installer issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by digital_pirate, Mar 9, 2008.

1. digital_pirate

digital_pirate New Member

XP ONLY!!! VISTA ALREADY KILLS ALL PROCESSES WHEN YOU CLOSE OUT ZIPHONE
    Tools Needed:

Zibris Ziphone 2.5C <Click here to Download

My File ZiphoneKilla <Click here to DownLoad & Extract ZipFILE

Latest version of Itunes

Step 1: Freshly restore your Ipodtouch (Does Not matter which size you have 8gb,16gb,32gb) to 1.1.4 via Itunes

Step2: Place your IpodTouch into recovery mode

Step3: Open up Ziphone and begin to click Jailbreak until your screen changes like this

Please Register or Log in to view images

Step4: Your Ipod will get to a BSD Error Screen like this

Step5: Ok now place your Ipodtouch into recovery mode Close out ziphone and click my ZiphoneKilla
    It will run and say end of line close out the script

Step6: Open back up ziphone and repeat step3 when you see your ipodtouch screen get past the following
    I/O Version : 0X0002
    Hardware Version: 0x0012
    Mac Address etc..

After Mac address it will still run quickly close out ziphone and click ZiphoneKilla it will close out all the processe’s and your ipod will continue to run until it reboots itself Jailbroken displaying the Installer and Zibris Logo

This resolves the following issues:
    "Installer failes to update=Packaged download failed" with this error your ipod touch is not properly jailbroken you will not be able to install any of the applications this error is fixed using this method ::ENJOY::

:::CREDIT GOES OUT TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:::
    Mempf's <I USED SCREENSHOTS FROM HIS VIDEO AND IT’S HIS METHOD BEING USED HERE WITH THE EXEPTION OF ZiphoneKilla WHICH IS A BATCH SCRIPT I MADE TO KILL ALL PROCESSE’S ASSOCIATED WITH ZIPHONE ON WINDOWS XP
  2. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what does ziphone killer actually do?
  3. Doggkor

Doggkor New Member

kills the ziphone program on ur computer so your ipod doesn't enter the endless loop.
  4. digital_pirate

ZiphoneKilla= Kills all Processe's and PID(Process ID's) Associated with Ziphone application thats why when you click the jailbreak button it will open a ziphone process for every click

Click it 15times and guess what on your cpu there will be 15 ziphone processe's PID Slowling it down not to mention even when you close out ziphone they will still be running thus resulting in improper jailbreak which will leave you useless in XP because installer will not update

As you can see jailbroken Summerboard,Weather,Stocks,Wiggle function works Etc...

5. pcochran89

pcochran89 New Member

If this worked for you, then any of the other methods could have worked just as easily. I, on the other hand, have not been able to get ANY method to work, including this one. I have a week 41, bought it with 1.1.1 and JB'd it, upgraded straight to 1.1.4 and have had no luck since.

Why can't someone come up with a legit solution?
  6. digital_pirate

7. jchaike

jchaike Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I wish Zibri would update his program to auto kill the process. I would always go into my processes in Task Manager and Manual delete each process--a good waste of 10 minutes there lol
  8. digital_pirate

well the batch script I made does it in one click will all processe's so if you have 5 or 20 or more it will kill them all in 1 sec. saves you 9.59 minutes to eat a bagel.

9. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I didn't try it out (prefer staying on 1.1.3) but it sound pretty handy, txs for ur work mate

10. digital_pirate