XML to Plain Text Help Please!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Volkswageneer1990, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Volkswageneer1990

Volkswageneer1990 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found this info on how to convert XML to Plain Text and i don't really understand it. I'm using TextPad for Windows and i don't know where to go to convert it. Someone please help me!!!
    I need it to fix a long overdue problem.

Please and thank you.

Here's the info----

(its the bold at the bottom that i don't get)

When I open your SpringBoard.strings with TextEdit it displays in a nice XML format but when I open the original SpringBoard.strings it displays like this :

Code:
    bplist00ßÜ !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™š›œžŸ ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬*®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèLéêëìíîïðñòóôõöÝ÷øùúû#üýþÿ :> !L"#$%&'()*ò+,-./0123456789:5;<=>?@ABCDåtEFGHIJKLMLNOPQRSTUVWŠXYZ[\]//^_•`a˜bcdefgLhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|å}~€‚ƒ„…†‡åˆ‰Š‹ŒŽLå‘’“”•B–—˜™š›œ\TEXT_MESSAGE_MISMATCHED_SIM_TITLE_SIMTK_HIGH_PRIORITY_CALL_ALERT_SETTING_LANGUAGEVREDIALVIGNORE\WIFI_MESSAGE_PIN_UNLOCK_FAILED_TITLE]AWAY_EMPTY_VMTVIEW_RESTORE_FAILURE_ALERT_BODY_TEXT_kGprsPdpAuthenticationFailure_IN_CALL_LAUNCH_OK_PIN_LOCKED_STRING^CHAR_REMAINING_CALL_FORWARDING_ACTIVE_PUK_LOCKED_CONFIRM_PIN_LABEL^ENTER_PASSCODEWBAD_SIM_MULTIPLE_MINUTES_TO_UNBLOCK\CALL_FAILUREVACCEPT_ENTER_PIN_TITLE_Smart chip not allowedYCALL_BACK_PUK_HOPELESSLY_LOCKED_TITLE_AWAY_MISSED_CALL_LABEL_!PERSONALIZATION_LOCKED_SIM_STRING_SMS_ALERT_TITLEZLOCKED_SIM^AWAY_SMS_LABELVNO_SIM_BRICKED_AND_SIM_LOCKED_STRING^DEVICE_BLOCKED_Smart chip not provisioned_WIFI_PASSWORD_MESSAGE_kGprsLocationAreaNotAllowedVUNLOCK_!OPERATOR_SUBSET_LOCKED_SIM_STRINGYTRY_AGAINXSETTINGS_IN_CALL_LAUNCH_ALERT^EMERGENCY_CALLZWIFI_TITLE_CALENDAR_YESTERDAY_SHORT[WIFI_CANCELZVIEW_EVENT_CALENDAR_TOMORROW_SIMPLE_MULTIPARTY_CALL_PUK_HOPELESSLY_LOCKED_STRING^SMS_LOCK_LABEL_ALARM_LOCK_LABEL_PUK_LOCKED_ENTER_PIN_LABEL^RESTORE_FAILED^kGprsIllegalMe_CALENDAR_LAST_WEEK_FORMAT_SHORT_CALENDAR_NEXT_WEEK_FORMAT_SHORT\TTY (No SIM)_EMERGENCY_CALL_TITLE_CORPORATE_LOCKED_SIM_STRING_*RESTORE_FAILURE_ALERT_RESTART_BUTTON_TITLE_Phone not allowed^BAD_SIM_STRING_'kGprsServiceOptionTemporarilyOutOfOrder_kGprsInvalidMobileClass_LOW_DISK_SPACE_MESSAGE_WAITING_FOR_ACTIVATION_TITLE_WAITING_FOR_ACTIVATION_BODYUCLOSE_AWAY_CALENDAR_LABEL_WIFI_DONT_ASK_TEXT[PLEASE_WAIT_COUNT_DOWN_TIME_REACHED_PIN_ATTEMPT_REMAININGUALARMROK_FIXED_DIALING_LOCKED_SIM_STRING_SIMTK_DTMF_SENT_REGISTRATION_FAILED_BODY_LOCKED_SIM_TITLE_POWER_DOWN_LINE_2_PIN_LOCKED_TITLE_RESET_IN_PROGRESS_FIXED_DIALING_LOCKED_SIM_TITLE_CORPORATE_LOCKED_LABEL_PUK_LOCKED_ENTER_PIN_CHARS_REMAININGWBLOCKED]WIFI_ERROR_25_CALENDAR_DISTANT_FORMATTIPOD_WAITING_RESPONSE_TITLE_SLIDE_TO_CALL_BACK^CALENDAR_TODAYTBACK_ONE_MINUTE_TO_UNBLOCKWDISMISS_PIN_ATTEMPTS_REMAINING_kGprsServiceOptionNotSubscribed_SIMTK_SMS_MESSAGE_SENT_CALENDAR_TODAY_SHORTUREPLY_LOW_DISK_SPACE_DISMISS_SIMTK_PLAY_TONE_SOFTWARE_UPDATE_TITLE_CONNECT_TO_ITUNES_kGprsServiceOptionNotSupported^WRONG_PASSCODEVCANCEL^HEADSET_VOLUME_ENTER_PUK_TITLE]WIFI_DONT_ASKYSEARCHING_SERVICE_PROVIDER_LOCKED_LABEL^AWAY_EMPTY_SMS_Call Failure %@ %@_SIMTK_SS_MESSAGE_SENT_AIRPLANE_DATA_PROMPTTDONEVVOLUME_CALENDAR_YESTERDAY_SIMTK_CALL_ALERT_$kGprsRoamingNotAllowedInLocationArea\LOW_BATT_MSG_SLIDE_TO_CANCELWEDGE_OK_IPHONE_PLATFORM_DISPLAY_NAME_POWER_DOWN_CANCEL_kGprsPlmnNotAllowed^kGprsIllegalMs_SLIDE_TO_ANSWER_CALLING_LABEL_FORMAT_EDGE_ROAMING_FAILURE_OPERATOR_LOCKED_LABEL_DURATION_PREAMBLEZNO_SERVICE_LOW_DISK_SPACE_TITLE[Call failed_NETWORK_LOST_TEXT_DEAD_RADIO_TITLE_NETWORK_LOST_LOCK_LABEL_CALENDAR_DISTANT_FORMAT_SHORT_POWER_DOWN_LOCK_LABEL_PERSONALIZATION_LOCK_ENTER_CODEYIPOD_ONLY_IPOD_PLATFORM_DISPLAY_NAME_CALENDAR_NEXT_WEEK_FORMAT\EDGE_FAILURESTTY_DEAD_RADIO_MESSAGEXSMS_READVMM #%.............ºÖê'>R_cv~”¦ÂÇÙþ"6HRl~¸Ò×Ýàöÿ;Nl…›ª³ÅÓù5Rftš÷ 5CKP§Äü.FUa{ˆ™£±½îùþ<K|˜ŸñûFUnxŠ–©ü 8GRZbq®¶þ!8‚›¶¼Â,EPflÈä%3@KVtª²ëñö ).FNf‡§*³Íßó!)3F[~®ßäëø%Qs…ŒŸª¼Ó U p Š • !!!!!$!9!D!O!i!¦!«!¸!Ë!Ù!õ!ÿ"""x"‹"Ì"â##)#K#c#q#„#š#²#Ì#Ø#ë$$$&$*$@$[$m$€$…$—$à$ë%%%%!%7%>%Y%y%~%„%‡%%î& &&!&3&B&N&U&d&&«&ô' ž'

I got the answer, I was using TextEdit instead of Property List Editor, but if I want to use the TextEdit I simply convert it from XML to plain text by issuing the following command :

Code:
    plutil -convert xml1 filename.plist

and to convert it back use binary1 instead of xml1

Code:
    plutil -convert binary1 filename.plist
  2. Utterly Elite

Utterly Elite New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i had a similar problem a while back when trying to open apple's .plist files.

use this site: http://iappcat.com/plist/bin2xml

it should convert your plist files into something you can use/see/edit on windows (in notepad or textedit).

if you have any problems with it, feel free to respond or contact me on my profile.