xmas gift

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alwaysager, Nov 21, 2008.

1. alwaysager

alwaysager New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hi all, new to forum.

just bought a 16gb touch for my son's xmas and would him to be able to use it 'straight out of the box' on xmas day.

What do i have to do to/with it prior to him opening & using it, can i pre-load it with games/apps ?

any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Welcome.

First off, you will have to download iTunes onto your computer. The iPod will be useless without it. Once you have it downloaded, you simply plug your iPod into your compy and it will go through the on-screen instructions for you. After all that is finished, you can then set up an iTunes Store account which will allow you to download free or paid apps. You can also download straight from your iPod. This is just basic to get you started though. If you have any more questions, just use the search bar at the top and odds are, there will be a thread that can answer them.
  3. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Also make sure to leave it plugged in for a few hours to charge. Do it a few days before because it'll lose a lot of the charge by Christmas if you do it now.
  4. alwaysager

alwaysager New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    thanks for the replies guys
  5. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How old is your son? After setting up itunes account, you can buy a few games for him and have them ready to play. The racing games are great. Best graphics and gameplay for the touch so far. Raging thunder and cro mag rally are really nice.