xgps v2.1 on touch offline maps w/directions?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chaseincats, Mar 4, 2009.

1. chaseincats

chaseincats New Member

I know that we could previously download offline maps for view in xgps

now it has turn by turn so does that mean we can get directions from anywhere to anywhere as long as we have the map downloaded?

I thought this was the case but when i watched the intro video for it he says that he has the downloaded directions for a lot of places and brings up a huge list

does this mean we need to download the directions beforehand and then it will apply them to the offline map?
  2. tohvanah

tohvanah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok, but really, am i missing something? i'm using xgps on a touch (2g) and trying to get save routes and directions for offline viewing. now i understand how to save maps and access them. but the touch *has no gps*. so how do you get the directions?? will xgps only list directions with the input of gps?
  3. barbiegirl2000

barbiegirl2000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I only just got xgps but was annoyed that to get the directions to somewhere you had to be connected to the internet. I thought that by downloading the maps before hand you would be able to give xgps a starting and end point and it could find the route offline. But that is not the case!
  4. chaseincats

chaseincats New Member

ya thats why its worthless until they figure out how to get directions from the maps

i almost got out-foxed by this too