XfMobile - Xfire Client for iPhone/iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Ex-Touch, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

XfMobile - Xfire Client for iPhone/iPod Touch Review
    By Ex-Touch | App made by Moti Joseph
    DISCLAIMER: First review here, so go easy on me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Category: Social Networking
    Developer: Moti Joseph
    Price: Free
    Version: 2.0.5
    Size: 3.0 MB
    App Store Link: Click Here

An unofficial developer has released an application for the gaming community called XfMobile. The purpose of this application is to provide a mobile interface of Xfire for iPhone and Android phone users. A full list of features are below:

- Source

I've downloaded this app on my iPod touch and tested it. It's pretty solid for a development-stage app. The chat system is pretty good, sends really quick, except that the interface is average. You have the ability to change your username and status, and you see your full buddy list and even see your offline friends. You also have the ability to see what game your friends are playing. If you click the blue arrow on a friend's profile name, you can chose to look at their profile or view their screenshots. The profile view is just like opening their profile page in Safari, except that it loads inside the app. The screenshots applet is pretty sick. It's like Facebook's photo viewing system on the iPhone. (You cannot comment unfortunately) The screenshots show up in great quality and you can choose screenshots from the games menu. Below are some screenshots of the app. (Credit to me for pictures)

Scoring
    Features: 3.5/5​
    • XfMobile is basically only an Xfire chat app with a few added features. This is why it gets a 3.5 out of 5.
    GUI: 4/5​
    • This app has a crisp display but the chat interface needs work. The keyboard blocks most of the chat window, so the ability to hide the keyboard would be a nice additive.
    Audio: 5/5​
    • There are only a few sounds in this app, but they sound professionally made. The chat sounds and login/logout sounds are excellently presented.
    Reuse Value: 2.5/5​
    • The reason for the low score is that it depends all on the person. I personally do not use Xfire that much. There, I would only really use this when I need to get a hold of someone. For other people, they would probably use this everyday.
    Value for Money: 5/5​
    • This app deserves a 5 out of 5 for this category because it is worth getting if you're an avid or casual Xfire user, and it's free!
    Overall: 4/5​
    • At the end of the day, this app is pretty well made. This will surely please Xfire users among the mobile community.

XfMobile Main Screen

XfMobile Preferences Screen

View Profile/View Screenshots Menu

Profile Screen (StoneCat's)

Screenshot Albums

Screenshot Selection Screen

Screenshot View

Xfire Chat

I hope you enjoyed my review. Features list belongs to Moti Joseph, the developer of XfMobile. The review and images belong to Ex-Touch.

Attached Files:

2. iPwn

iPwn Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Looks nice. Great review. If only you could actually play the games lol.
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Haha, yeah. Thank you for the comment.
  4. blumika1

blumika1 New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    how to download?