xcode iphone sdk and toolchain 2.0

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by mzmiric5, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mzmiric5

mzmiric5 New Member

Ok, so i just got an iphone recently, and i started to code for it yesterday, i already know c++ so switching to obj-c shouldn't be that hard. I got the free iphone SDK from apple and installed it on my virtual mac os x 10.5.5 . So i just finished my first HelloWorld app, and i was trying to compile it. I found out that i can only compile it for simulator. As i'm not really eager to give an extra 99$ to apple, i was wondering how can i compile the code i made in xcode with toolchain 2.0 (i got the one from cydia on my iphone), or should i get the toolchain bynaries for cygwin? I tryed just sshing in my iphone and copying my project on it, and running make and make install from mobile terminal in the folder where the code is, but it seams that i'm missing makefile. Could some1 tell me how can i make one?

Thanks in advance
    Miso
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well here is just a quick update, i managed to bypass the certificate check in xcode by using a flase certificate. So i tried compiling my app and i managed to install it on iphone trough build and go in xcode but have been getting an error that the debugger can't start the app remotely because of security policy error. After some googling i have found that i have to force provisioning off and that i have to change some key in info.plist in my app so that i wouldn't get discarded by the springboard (which didn't wanted to accept the fake cert (the app installed coz i had a patched installer)). Now after fixing the info.plist, the app didn't want to install anymore, coz xcode didn't detect my iphone anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Any help is appreciated. If anything i did earlier is wrong, please warn me so i can fix it.

Thanks in advance
    Miso
  2. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Forget about that whole 'fake certificate' thing. The first thing you tried (sshing your project into iphone) is fine you just needed to sign ur code. You also don't need the iphone toolchain 2.0 in Cydia. I personally would undo all that stuff you did with certificate and uninstall toolchain from Cydia (don't need it if ur gonna use xcode to program). Then do this:

Set up ur Xcode like this in upper left corner : "Device | Release".
    Build your project in Xcode like normal (Not 'Build and Go', just 'Build').
    After build is successful, go to your 'Products" folder on left side of xcode screen. highlight the '.app' product ('YourAppName.app'). Control-click and select 'Reveal in Finder'.
    Take that resulting directory in Finder (should be in YourProjectDirectory -> build -> Device-iphoneos folder) and ssh that into /Applications folder on iphone.

Now go into cydia and install the 'Link Identity Editor' (if you type 'ldid' into search field, it's the only package that pops up).
    After that's installed and your app is ssh'd into ur phone, open up Terminal on ur mac. Run these:
    Code:
    $ ssh root@ip address 
    (ip address is address of ur iphone. Password is alpine).
    $ ldid -S /Applications/YourApp.app/YourApp
    $ killall SpringBoard
    Your app should run

Hope it works
  3. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

wrong. for your app to show on springboard in 2.1 firmware and up, you need to rebuild the springboard cache. use my tool quickload to do so.
  4. bones237

bones237 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    where did he say he was building for 2.1. If he installed toolchain from cydia, it's pretty safe to say he's on 2.0 still, like myself, in which case i'm not wrong
  5. gojohnnyboi

if he is making apps for ipod or iphone 2._ softwares AT ALL, he should be building them to work with the newest firmwares, as most people are using that anyways(and all the smart ones). the cydia toolchain takes a crapload of modding to handle sdk headers(in most cases), and SO SLOW. it takes -1 hour to build the toolchain, take the time and do it right
  6. mzmiric5

mzmiric5 New Member

yeah, sorry i forgot to mention that i'm using 2.1, i'll try your tool gojohnnyboi

edit: without the fake certificate and the provisioning patch, xcode doesn't want to build at all.
  7. gojohnnyboi

do this: open your project, open up the info and settings of your proejct. where it says code signing identity, erase "iPhone Developer". now build
  8. mzmiric5

mzmiric5 New Member

Thanks, it worked, used ldid to sign and respringed with boos tools, everything is working now. of to make my first real iphone app.
  9. testbruker

testbruker New Member

hi..

this does not work for me..

Please Register or Log in to view images

xCode 1.3.2
    iPhone 2.2

can anyone help ?