Xbox live question

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by pwnthe2G, Dec 24, 2009.

1. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Allright i posted a few months back about the xbox, and you guys helped me out quickly so hopefully i can get a good response again. I got the xbox 360 limited edition MW2, blah blah blah. I do not yet have Xbox Live, but i am getting in within the next few days. I was looking up prices and stuff for the Live cards, and one site said you needed a starter pack if you never had Live before. It said it comes with a mic(i already have one) and a year of Live, and also a disk to install a Dashboard update, for "Live functionality". Is this starter pack necessary for me, or can i get this update off of my xbox when it has an internet connection? I really dont need a second mic, and i would like to know what this update actually does. Also, if i dont apply the update, can i get on multiplayer games online anyway? or will it tell me to download/go buy the update?

Sorry if i was confusing its 1 AM here, but i think i made sense...

Thanks in advance for the answers everbody, and Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and Kwanzaa for anyone who celebrates those

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Ghetto Toaster

Ghetto Toaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All you need is a subscription card, no starter pack needed.

EDIT: The update disc is bullsh*t, that site is trying to scam you, you get the updates off xbox live directly (for free).

Also, Merry Christmas to you too

3. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you for the quick answer, and the site wasnt supplying the disk, it was saying it came with one, it was apparently wrong, but thats good to know lol and free is always good

and im Jewish but thank you for the thought

4. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
  5. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if the console is new, as it should be being the special edition. THen you can get the first month of gold free, just make your account via the xbox. If you create the account on the xbox then you will have xbox live gold for the first month free, and can add on with a card or pay online after that.
  6. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    You should have 1 month free xbox live with the new xbox... thats how its is with mine.

That^^
  7. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    any available updates will be installed automagically when you connect to live

protip: dont try to show your music to other people on live, it really sucks
  8. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks guys lol and now a new question, can i link my offline profile, named "matt" to my live account? like to keep my acheivements and levels? because i made an account today and it stayed separate and im annoyed lol
  9. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah i think you just sign in with your profile and attempt to connect to xbox live.
  10. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    nope it has to be the same account.