Xbox Live Gold Family Membership

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Jun 29, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well, this is kind of old news, But I haven't really had the time to post this, and since many people won't know about this, I guess I'l go ahead and post this.

Microsoft has announced that it will be making a family subscription for Xbox Live Gold, and it will be available come this autumn.

Please Register or Log in to view images

This November, you’ll be able to sign up a family of four to Xbox Live Gold under one umbrella membership. The Gold Family Pack will cost $99 (£69), and comes with a few extras alongside the four individual Gold memberships.

These extras include a Family Centre on the Xbox 360 dashboard, which can be used to modify the family’s settings and manage the account. Exclusive “family content and discounts” will also be available, Microsoft says.

The primary account holder, the head of the family, will provide the billing details and the ability to buy and share out Microsoft Points to other family members, to stop the kids from running wild with the credit card online.

Microsoft is launching the family membership pack to coincide with the appearance of the Kinect motion controller. The company said: “Now as you prepare for the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, which makes you the controller, consider giving your family premium Gold experience and access to the biggest names in entertainment.”

The standard price for Xbox Live Gold (12 month) is around $54 (£39.99) for 1 account
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's $54, not $94.
  3. That Kid

That Kid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I would have to agree. Might want to fix that.
  4. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In Australia its around about $89,

The idea of this family membership is great! Although I only need 2 of the four memberships (me and my brother).
  5. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Damn! I was looking all over for the US price, since I live in the UK, and I couldn't find it D:

Stupid fragmented Xbox Live!

Lol thanks, fixed it