Xbox Controller on Pc?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Xtreme Touch, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, for Christmas i originally wanted an Xbox or Ps3 but never really was going to happen because of how expensive thet are, so i am going to get a few games for my computer instead including MW2 and orange box (Yes finally!!). so my question is, if i choose to buy an xbox controller for my Pc does it give a good console type of experience and does it include any lag or other problems when using it?

Thanks in advance

XT
  2. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I never got it to work fully, because it took to much work....
  3. Ghetto Toaster

Ghetto Toaster New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are some games that work with a xbox 360 controller out of the box, but for others (including MW2) you have to set it up with something like xpadder. It takes a lot of tweaking, but once you get it set up it gives you pretty much a console experience with better graphics (given you have a half-decent computer).
  4. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yea i have a late 2008 iMac running bootcamp for the games. Runs fallout 3 on High very well. Also would this work: http://www.switchbladepro.com/ for Modern warfare 2 but switching it to MW 1 mode guessing that its very similar controls which i can tweak around with it a little?
  5. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Not to hate.. but why? Mouse and keyboard is about 500 times more efficient after you get used to it.
  6. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok guys, i got a cheap $10 remote from EBgames and it works great. Just played a bit of Assassins creed and its alot easier to play!
    @rafquhar Sometimes you get bored of mouse and keyboard =)
  7. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just a follow up, its fantastic even if its not fantastic on an online FPS (which i havnt tried just from what ive heard). I started playing trackmania on it and i came 7th out of 107 people which i would usually only get around 20 or so with the arrow keys so im very happy with it =)