Xbox 360 Re-branding and Natal official name?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Jun 6, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

E3 is officially 7 days away, and things are certainly heating up. There are many new games being released and many games being showcased in 7 days.

Every year gamers all around the world anticipate this event, the WWDC of gaming, and this year is no different...well apart from a couple of things.

For a start, this is the first year both Microsoft and Sony are taking up the Motion gestured based gaming peripherals.Sony with their PlayStation Move and Microsoft with Microsoft Wave...WAIT? what the hell is 'Wave'?

Well, its been reported by 'trusted sources' that this is the name the computer Goliath, Microsoft will use instead of the well-known Natal code name.

According to several reports, The device will be named Wave and will be shown and given the name at E3.Gaming site Edge has also reported a price tag of $149 (£102) as a stand alone product.Edge also stated that the device will be released on October 16th 2010, or 'holiday season',as They like to call it.

An Xbox 360 arcade console and Microsoft Wave peripheral will be bundled at around £299(£204) which will obviously be backed up with intense marketing.Wave is also confirmed to be compatible with both Xbox 360 and Windows PC Platforms.

Major UK gaming retailer,Game have also announced that 'Natal' pre-orders start on June 13th, the exact day the E3 presentation will be held.

Expect more Natal/Wave info throughout the next 7 days.

Now for more Xbox 360 news, This piece of news, however,will be welcomed by everyone.Its also something many(including myself) have been expecting at this E3, and its pretty much confirmed.No,this isn't news that Uncharted will be coming on the Xbox platform (lol) but in fact, news about a redesign of the entire Xbox devision.

Speculation begun when Microsoft sent out a invitation for E3. Notice the 'Wave'.

Normally, The Xbox 360 is depicted with the green Circles.Notice last years E3 invitation.

Yup, I can definitely tell that something will be changing. Well for a start, the Wave in the invitation kind of backs-up the thought of Natal being named Wave, but also, this could mean we will get the Xbox 360 slim. This means(hopefully) no more over heating, cheaper price point, smaller footprint, no power brick,built in WiFi, and a quieter device all together. This would clear all the pet peeves people have with the device, and apart from bluray, it will definitely close the gap on all the Sony lovers.

People say this new wave layout represents motion,energy transitions and strength, but I just think it looks cool and fresh and uncluttered. Upcoming box art will also be replaced with this wave layout, and maybe a dashboard UI updated as well as a Xbox.com UI update will be added to accommodate this design.

From this:

To this:

This seems to be a big year for Microsoft, and hopefully, Natal...Oh I mean 'Wave' will be all that is promised, and more.
    I'l keep Multi-touch fan users updated with E3 news as it happens
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wireless built in would be INCREDIBLE!!!!! Hopefully this comes true! Nice info buddy.
  3. Led

Led Banned

Thats a lot to be asking for the xbox slim. Eh, more power to them i guess.
  4. Coca Cola

Coca Cola Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What the hell, how are you all going to watch this? I have school at that time.
  5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Some of us get out of school at different times.
  6. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I don't have school, study leave

Just have to go in for exams, but the exams are over by next week

I'l hopefully have E3 covered

WWDC 2MORROW TOO!

7. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not everybody goes school and lives where you do

8. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, I got out on the 4th
  9. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not so sure we'll see the slim at E3. I assume they'll want to launch the console alongside Natal, in which case to announce a better, cheaper console 5-6 months early could only damage 360 sales as people will wait for the better console. So I can only see it happening if it's launching very soon, but as I said I think it'll be closer to Natal's launch, if not with Natal.

I'm unsure about the 'Wave' name. The rumour doesn't seem to have any solid grounding aside from what looks like a wave on an invitation. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. A bit too close to 'Move' and, ironically, 'Move' would be a better name for Natal and 'Wave' would be a better name for Sony's wand

10. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    That is very true indeed, But I guess Sony is more precise gaming where you use it to move, where Natal will be used to wave your hands like a mad man.