Xbox 360 is loud.

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by jimbeam, Mar 17, 2010.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It sounds like an electrical transformer or a server room. Maybe not that loud, but definitely a similar sound. Even after installing my games to the hard drive it is still pretty loud. I have a 1000 watt surround sound system and I'd have to piss my neighbors off to completely drown the 360 noise out.

Is this normal? I'm new to xbox and if my PS3 made that much noise I'd be concerned, that thing barely makes a sound. I read that the xbox is loud, but never thought it would be this loud.
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the xbox is loud since its design has all the main heat creating components next to each other, you could either buy a inter-cooler that plugs into an outlet instead of the USB on the 360 because that will cause it's components harder, or you could make one out of a few super quiet PC fans.
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Spend even more money on this thing? I'll pass and just deal with it. I'll just move it behind my sub or the center speaker. Hopefully that will soften the noise a little.

Edit: just noticed I put this in the wrong section. Sorry.
  4. KeneticSight

KeneticSight New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yah they are loud but you get used to it and u dont even notice it is there after a while (like 2 months)
  5. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You could try buying a cooling device or put a fan next to it.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't think it's a heat issue. It's just as loud after an hour or so of game play as it is when I just turn it on after being turned off for 20 hours. I think it's just the internal fan. It's just loud in general.

I might try replacing the fan with something quieter, if that's possible? I'm sure it will void the warranty, but, if I can open the case and replace the fan without leaving any evidence that it's been tampered with, then if anything goes wrong I can put the original fan back in and send it away for service.
  7. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Yh its normal,kind of bad,but you get really used to it trust me,after playing a fun game you tend to ignore these things,mind you,mine isn't that bad and i haven't installed any games because i have too much to save

Please Register or Log in to view images

have you got the latest dvd drive and what manufacturing date is your?
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No idea. I just got it a few days ago from BB. Its a 120GB elite. How can I check the manufacture date?
  9. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's impossible to open up the Xbox 360 and leave the warranty intact. In order to free the screws to get the case open you need to rip some tape which, unless intact, Microsoft won't touch your 360.
  10. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Well the manufacture date of the xbox should be on the back,on the far right near the bar code and above the hdmi port/av port as soo...