Xbox 360 controller dye

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by chefsta, Oct 2, 2008.

1. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey there, I live in the UK and am trying to find a website which sells Plasti-kote vinyl color. I found it on a USA based website called Midway Auto Supply or something but for the basic shipping option it costs £22 then with the addition of the actual paint it comes to about £26-£30 (notice it is GBP and not USD). So as you can see the postage costs more than the actual product. All i am asking is that someone can find a UK based website that will sell the paint cans with much cheaper p+p. thanks very much (I've been looking for ages)

I posted this before but no one seems to help so maybe people will try and look for me this time? thanks

also i have tried ebay without luck!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Why dont you go somewhere like B&Q or Halfords and get a can?
  3. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried them both online and halfords have their own brand of vinyl paint, dont know whether its the same thing thooo plus its £10 a can

4. MrBrightside

Cheaper then ordering from America right

I sprayed my xbox 360 controller aggggges ago now. I used their own stuff you mentioned which is for cars. It chips slightly easily but not through general play.

Dont know what shops you have near you but Wilkinsons do small versions of the normal size cans for cheaper, might be worth having a look there or anywhere else, and get one to test it (Y)
  5. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah thanks for the help but i thought vinyl dye dyed the controller making it impossible to chip because its actually planted in the controller instead of making an extra layer

6. MrBrightside

Could well do, I cant remember what type of paint I used and even if I did, wouldnt be able to help in that field, dont really know much about paint types. You could probably just google about vinyl to see if its how you said. Then you'll know you're buying the right thing anyway.
  7. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah i'll try my local Halfords see what i can do, thanks very much.