Xbox 360: 3 Rings o'Death

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by x6blues, Aug 26, 2008.

1. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Yesterday I was playing Battlefield: Bad Company, it was going slower than usual until it completely froze (Not even the center button on the controller was funtioning).
    I go and turn it off directly via power button, and those 3 rings graced my presence. I go online to the Microsoft Support page which gives the lame solution to turn it off.

I waited a little bit and tried it 2 or 3 times, but still the rings. I do it again, it goes to the 360 logo, but is frozen once more. I turn it off and wait a couple of minutes and try it again. Now, it works. I played BFBC last night, got a 25 last night btw

Please Register or Log in to view images

, and it's working fine.

I'm sure I'll be having the problem again soon, so does anyone have a suggestion on how long it'll be before it gets completely nonfunctional? I bought it the July 4th before last, so in '07, at EB Games so I'm pretty sure the warranty is up and I don't have the money to go out and get a new one or a PS3

Any input is appreciated...
  2. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if it happens agains you can take your harddrive out and then turn it on and it should turn without an issue it because microsoft bought cheap processors from a company in china i believe from
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Forgive me but I don't know sh*t about my 360 other than it plays games

How do I go about doing that

4. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    basically all you do is take the harddrive off the side of your 360 basically the weird bulge on the side with a silver oval with HDD i believe
  5. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Your xbox will probs stop working soon due to 3 red lights. Do the x-clamp fix. Buttttt it sounds like you havnt opened your xbox before so you might wanna try other methods when the time comes.
  6. mpappa31

mpappa31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dude here's a couple of sites that might expand your knowledge of whats really happening. The red rings of death have happen to me before. If you have had your xbox for less than 3 years call either Microsoft or xbox and they will repair it with no cost they will even pay for shipping. but anyways here's the links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906652/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

if you need anymore questions answer pm ok. later bro. and i hoped that helped.
  7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  8. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I sold my old faulty one on ebay and bought a new one

9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ha Ha! Talk to you later. I may have a fix
  10. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    EVERY Xbox 360 is covered by a 3 year Microsoft Red Ring warranty. As long as you haven't opened it and voided the warranty, when you inevitably get the Red Ring simply call Microsoft Xbox 360 customer support and tell them your problem. They'll send a guy to pick the console up for free. The console is then usually returned for free within 7 working days. Let me restate; this works with every single Xbox 360 in the world. Microsoft will repair it for free as long as you haven't opened the case, breaking the warranty sticker. Unless you have or are planning on opening and modding your console, any manual fix such as the X-clamp is utterly unnecessary.