WWDC Anouncment Facts

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by potroast32, Jun 10, 2008.

1. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Yes, the iPhone 3g is here for only $199 (July 11th). What does this mean for the iPod touch. Nobody knows. This does mean the worth of our iPods is going down most likely. The retail price might not change but if you try to sell it on eBay or something, there will be a difference. The fact is if the retail price goes down than it cant go down by more than about $50. If it goes any further, it kills the other iPod models. Now what if you want A iPhone without a plan. So far that isn't quite possible, but soon I'm sure that there will be a way to get around it soon. There hasn't been much of demand to want a iPhone without a plan before so no one has tried. The Rumors are that this iPod touch generation is ending. This is because it seems like apple is purposely sabotaging the iPod Touch, like they don't care about it. They are giving them away with purchases of Mac's. Feel free to post any thoughts or corrections, I sure hope our iPods arn't dying out.

Will the 3g be unlock able? I think apple is fairly confident that it isn't. I am a strong believer in our jailbreaking devs, and i hope it will be jailbroken immediately after the release.
    The appstore doesn't come out until early July. It seems a bit more professional than installer (don't get me wrong, i love installer) It will be available for 9.95 for iPod touch users and free for iPhone users. Some of the best applications will cost you extra. Hopefully they wont try to get more than $10 for an app. Will Jailbreaking stay the same? I think that jailbreaking will always be around. I think that 2.0 will get jailbroken, especially because 2.0 has already been leeked and is for the most part jailbroken, until they make updates.

Attached Files:

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Read the two stickys.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yea, but the newest 2.0 betas have not been jailbroken yet, so idk what is gonna happen when the new one comes out
  4. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

I think that my thread addresses different questions and answers than the two stickies
  5. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

yeah your proud of this arnt ya