WTF!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidinsarasota, Sep 24, 2009.

1. davidinsarasota

davidinsarasota New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    New to forum, New to Apple, New 32g3g.

Had to retire my venerable Zen Micros. No complaints: They kept me entertained for the last 6 years in the harshest conditions (I am a landscaper here in Florida) and never missed a beat. Doubt if I'll be able to say that about this ultra slick beauty.

Alas, now that I am old I can't hardly see the Zen's micro type, so I traded the b*tches in for a nice new trophy wife Ipod Touch.

I got the DLO Jam Jacket and a clear screen protector, which is already peeling off; I'll probably have to get a case or a pallet full of em at this rate.

Any suggestions on screen protection?

Also the thing I will ignorantly call the 'status bar' (blue line with a dot that displays the song's progress) disappeared from both the included music player and the 6Tags 'MyPlaylist' app for awhile today. It's back now, but I am wondering if I accidentally disabled/enabled it. If so, how?

So far I am lovin' my 'Stanza' ebook app, F.A.S.T. jet fighter game, and airhockey. Any app suggestions?

Thanks, david

Ps. I think there should be an Apple emoticon on this forum
  2. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    It's a bit odd that your screen protector keeps peeling. I've had my iPod since Februrary, and went through only 2-3 screen protectors. The only reason I even switched out was due to the fact that the scratches on the protector got annoying, and wanted a fresh one.

What brand are you getting?
  3. davidinsarasota

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Killswitch, It came with the DLO Jamjacket, a silicon enclosure that looks like it is going to tug at the edges of the screen protector and keep lifting it off. What brand u got?
  4. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I don't remember the brand I have on mine currently, I usually just find a cheap one on eBay.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What you're calling the 'status bar' is technically called the 'scrubber bar' or 'top bar of the music player' (if you wanna be wordy). Anyways when you tap the screen where the album art is in the music player it will bring it up/put it away. Also, if you have song lyrics (in iTunes right click song-> get info -> lyrics tab you have to insert your own) they'll show up along with the scrubber bar, which is why they give you the option because the lyrics cover the album art.

Can't say much for screen protectors, I used to use the Invisible Shield ones and they worked fine. On my 1g it lasted for close to a year without signs of peeling other than defects that had been there since installation (cuz I suck at putting them on

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

Apps...where to start...for simple things that'll keep you occupied for days Doodlejump (Papi Jump is very similar, considered the lite version), Moto X Mayhem (free or paid, not sure of what the difference is), iCopter, and Minigore are all good choices. For RPGs Zenonia is great, about 15 hours of gameplay for completion. Also Hybrid: Eternal Whisper made by the same people has better combat but in a mission style environment (I just beat it about an hour ago) but the story is weak imo. I could keep going, guess if you want more or more in depth you can pm me.
  6. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Get a set of those Apple iPod Socks.

I got a pack on clearance over a year ago, and they're all still going strong. Not only that, but my Touch is scratch free, aside from a few on the back that happened when it was out of the sock.

My Touch has been through landscaping, band practice, construction sites, hiking, running, working out, chainsawing firewood, and all sorts of other sh*t. The socks did the trick. I've never used a screen protector or one of those fugly rubber cases. All of the socks are still perfectly usable (although one shrunk a tad in the washer, and is quite worn, as it got used for about 8 months straight), and they all still protect the Touch just fine.

My suggestion; Don't bother throwing money away on screen protectors or rubber cases. Grab a set of the actual Apple iPod socks for the ~$10 they usually cost and be happy.
  7. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Ipod socks are fine for storage but most people dont like having to yake it on and off everytime they check their ipod. There are plenty of good cases out there.

Candyshell and switcheasy neo and rebel are popular here
  8. davidinsarasota

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks Lorax, Noise and Vince. Very helpful. I've been checking out the SwitchEasy Neo and Rebel, and like the looks of the buttons. That plug for the slot in the bottom, "Power Jack Connection Protector" seems like it would be essential for helping keep moisture out.