iOS 4.0 Wtf, Apple? iAds!?!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Magnum, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Okay, I need to get this straight for my head. I was terrified as I witnessed that the infamous Apple is releasing "iAds" on the 4.0 firmware update. I was about to raise Hell as I started to think about exactly what it could be. I invisioned it being either like the admobs on your favorite free apps but smack dab on the bottom of your springboard. Either that or an ad you must watch after opening 5 or so apps. Can somebody clear this up for me, I would not like to get overexcited over 4.0 when I would have to withstand ads.
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They will be in free applications, not on the springboard.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    And, from the sound of it, only on free apps.

Cool it. You're thinking about it to deeply.
  4. Magnum

Magnum New Member

Ok, so it will just be exactly like admob in some ways, correct? It will show up on just the free ads like that little banner, am I correct?
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, except some may be videos (HTML5), and they may be a little more annoying.

If you like free apps, you'll live with it. The devs have to get some money out of the apps somewhere.
  6. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I actually might like this (Not the video part) for the fact that if devs can get enough money from the ads, they will release more games for free. Hmm.
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, this plus, Apple probably wants to attract 0.99$ apps (that is a lot!) devs to make them free.

I recommend to watch keynote, you will notice that ad never gonna popup full screen without your permission, and you can close them anytime you want
  8. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, but they didn't scroll. They just sit at the bottom, taking up screen space.
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ad was in AppStore for a while now, still is a thing that developer decide to implement, so you don't need to worry that all apps suttenly will have ads all around.

It works like Google's AdSence, web developer decides where to put.

Also understand that world is not perpetum mobile, lot of small apps AppStre devs are one man power who seek money on AppStore, otherwise it would be waste of time for them, since they need money for a living. Sadly to say, but money is what powers world and AppStore, even lot of open source projects only exists because bigger corporations are involved.
  10. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And, if you accidentally tap them (Like me), they don't take you out of your app.