WS_FTP or Putty

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Scoobie10, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

I've jailbroken with Touchfree and now have the installer and options on the Touch. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard for a noob like me to do this.

Step two seems like it might be a little over my head. I want the iPhone apps and I don't understand the WS_FTP an Putty programs. What do they do? Which one should I use and what is SHH? Can someone provide some insight? I've searched but only get threads that say "do this" and don't really describe how it works so someone with my limited knowledge can understand.

Thanks.

Scoob
  2. snakedoc12

snakedoc12 New Member

I already had WS_FTP on my computer, so I stuck with the program I know. It works perfectly fine for file transfers. Just plug in you Touch's IP address, the default login info for the Touch, and set transfer type to SSH. Should work of everything was set correctly. Don't forget you need tp be on WiFi (the Touch). SSH is the type of connection I believe. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Man that took awhile to type on the Touch.
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I used WS_FTP 30 free trial. It worked great. I may buy it. (or find a bootleg copy online)
  4. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

Thanks. I haven't used a program like this before so I'm doing some reading first.
  5. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

That was pretty easy. FTP worked pretty well. All apps showed up after reboot, the problem is they all crash. The ultimate Guide says to log into Putty and type:

bin/csh

/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/*

Question is; can I use WS_FTP since I already downloaded it or is Putty required? Also, where am I supposed to type that?
  6. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You can use WS_FTP.

I never had to, it just worked for me