Wrong carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enrygie, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Enrygie

Enrygie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Couple days ago i got my iphone 3gs replace at an apple store in another city (for break) when i took out the sim tray, i noticed 2 things, first the serial number on the tray never matched the phone serial, and ever time i put in a sim card no matter (i live in Canada) what type it will NOT RECOGNIZE it, SOOOOOOOO what do you think i should do?, should i go the genuis bar (which is like an hours away) and how long should it take? or should i go direclty to my Carrier (which is Rogers) and have them replace it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    And also there is a line of dead pixels i think going horizontally across the screen I THINK THEY ARE GROWING IN SIZE! what should be done about this?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I recommend going to Rogers.
  3. Enrygie

Enrygie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The guy at the apple store i went to made a mistake! i bought y phone on december 30th of 2009 but now it shows my warrenty on my replaced iphone with expired warrenty, and the serail number on the SIM seems to have a different serial with a warrenty lasting to november, what should i do?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, since you got it replaced, you probably got a refurbished iPhone. I still recommend bringing it to Apple/Rogers. Bring your receipt(s), boxes etc.
  5. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Call Rogers.. Be angry and don't back down; This exact same thing happened too me - Minus the dying pixels.
  6. Enrygie

Enrygie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks for you advice, gonna go to the locals rogers store with my awesome pokerface looking pissed off

7. stanleybridgeboy

stanleybridgeboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Do it up! Let us know how it went, please? I'm with Rogers too and between Rogers & Apple.... In my opinion, the combination is the worst. Rogers is stubborn, and Apple almost automatically sends all technical support issues over to Rogers... So basically, you call Rogers and you don't get sh!t for information. You call Apple, they connect you to Rogers... It's an infinite loop that'll cause someone to relapse

8. nasra1n

nasra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Haha. You said INFINITE LOOP. Lolo.
  9. Enrygie

Enrygie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I went over to store thats like an hour away, got had an appointment that i was like 23 mintues late for, and then they say "please book another appointment" pissed off i got to Rogers then the bumbling idiot transferes me to technical support over at Apple, then he proceeds to tell me to take it back to Apple requesting for a replacement. I ask the guy why he could not replace it over at rogers and he replied " i do not have enough authority, even though he could have have asked the store manager. Now my appointment at the genius bar is 2morrow, i hope it goes well cause they scrwed me up and i AM PISSED OFF!

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Lol, you were the one who was late