Wrong Artwork

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by AllSystemGo, Apr 16, 2008.

1. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Can anyone help me out figuring out why in iTunes when I go on a song and right click on it select Get Album Artwork I end up with a album artwork of Now that's what I call music 24 when it's not even that album???

It's not doing this to all my album but even if I clear the downloaded album artwork for that specific album and redownload it I still get that stupid album!!!

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
  2. drakie

drakie New Member

iTunes just searches the store for that song title and adds the relevant artwork, however if this song appears on more than one album it will just add the first one it finds. Remember it is not too hard to do a google image search for the right artwork and manually add it by right clicking the song, select the info tab and just paste the artwork in the box on the right.
    Hope that helps.
    1 person likes this.
  3. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Yeah I use to do that, but I was just wondering why it was giving me the wrong artwork. Thank you for the info anyway.

Cheers!
  4. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because iTunes is utterly useless for cover art. Seriously, when I first installed it I had it download art for 5000 or so MP3's. I'd estimate it tagged about 500 mp3's with the "High School Musical" soundtrack art.

I'm now using MP3Tag and embedding cover art in ALL my MP3's instead.
  5. Freefall

Freefall New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yer, iTunes is extremely bad for cover art

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

iTunes always grabs the wrong cover when I use it, some freeware apps do it too, just google a couple terms like: "album art itunes fetch" or whatever you are looking for. The program I used to have (but deleted by mistake) got the lyrics, album art, and if it had the general info, would fill in the Producer, year, etc.
  7. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's a paid app for getting cover art I've seen mentioned, possibly on here in regards to cover art questions. I know the demo limits you to doing 50 mp3's, then you have to buy it. I can't remember the name of it, but the limitation should make it easy to figure out if you ever come across it.

Since I only planned on using the program once, I grabbed it off PirateBay and installed it. And it is as bad, if not WORSE than iTunes. Absolute piece of sh*t.

I recommend reading this.

http://brentevans.blogspot.com/2008/02/automatically-embed-album-art-to-large.html

I used MP3Tag and Google image search to find covers for my 5000 or so MP3's. It took a couple of days, a few hours each day, but now they ALL have the art embedded, which means I'll never have this issue with any program again.

MP3Tag is free BTW.
  8. AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo New Member

Thank you for that answer UncleChuckle. I'll look into it.

Cheers