Wrong account name stuck in App St. update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Alarm, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Alarm

Alarm New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPod Touch 2G running 4.1

So, I have an odd problem. The App Store (where I am already signed in) is informing me that I have 1 update available. However, when I go to update I am presented with a screen requesting a password to an account that is not mine. I can still download free apps without issue.

In visual form:

Signed in

Please Register or Log in to view images

Then attempt to update and presented with this

I've done the whole Settings > Store > Sign Out bit. Several times. It hasn't helped. I've signed into to iTunes on the computer and synced but that didn't help either. Not the end of the world, though. Not being able to update Relax Jungle isn't going to ruin my day. I'm just curious what caused this

2. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Updates are stuck with whatever account you use to download. if you bought Fruit Ninja from steve@me.com, and an update is released, you MUST use steve@me.com to update, because you purchased that app using steve@me.com. Even if the app is free, it still applies. If you want to move it to a new account, delete and redownload the App using the new account.
  3. Alarm

Alarm New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you! For some reason the app being tied to another account never even occurred to me. I let a friend borrow my iPod recently, I bet that account was his.