Writing Programs: Which Runtime?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by spinner, Jan 11, 2008.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

Okay, so I've started writing simple programs with mobile text editor and mobile terminal. I can save commands. (I don't have a computer so I have to do everything on the touch) And I have python installed. I found a guide online for writing programs with python, but some of the commands don't work. So I was wondering, which runtime is best for my situation? Php? Java? Ruby? Which one is easier to learn? Any help is appreciated! (remember, no pc , so I can't use jiggy)

bump (10 char limit)

I'm also having some trouble with Python. When they want me to enter into text edit
    a = 5
    b = 8
    c = a + b
    print c

But when I run that, terminal just says command not found a. Am I missing something? And I also can't icorperate input into my programs. Like

print "Halt!"
    s = raw_input ("Who goes there?"):
    print "You may pass" s

And it comes back with
    Halt!
    command not found s
    who goes there?
    you may pass s

Any help is appreciated!

BUMP!! Come on, I know we have some developers on here that could help me with these problems.
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

i rofl @ your quadriple post and shall now take my leave.
  3. FregoS

FregoS New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Asshole... nobody will help a guy with 229 posts and the only reason why he has so many posts is a quadriple post...And dude, you seriously need a computer, you will not get anything finished if you really do not have a computer...

EDIT: lol, your sig says double posters die, what about "spinner" here?
  4. spinner

spinner New Member

No, I got 229 post mostly by helping people. I only quadruple post when nobody answers! And if i could get a pc, i would! Watch who you call an asshole, you asshole!