Wow wtf 1.1.3. but not jailbroken????

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by MadRopes, Jan 28, 2008.

1. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

Ok so i waited 2 hours for it to do its thing, then in the thread it said if it doesnt restart by itself cause it wasnt, just hold the home and sleep button till it turns off and when you turn it on again it should be jailbroken 1.1.3.

Well mine is now on 1.1.3. but its not jailbroken!!!! No installer or anything.. wtf!!! some help please..
  2. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude, you are everywhere, u need to really calm down. IF you need instant gratification maybe you should jump on an IRCchannel and try to get someone there to help out. Just stop making threads complaining. More threads doens't mean more help.
  3. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

sigh you dont understand how frustrated i am. i am sorry for making threads, but i have waited like 2 hours and it didnt do sh*t now its on 1.1.3. and not jailbroken? Wtf.
  4. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude, really...i played around last night for 6-7 hours to get my ipod squared away and working to 1.1.3

and i didn't have to make a single thread, i just read what i was supposed to do and followed directions.

If you don't have the proper things to do the process then i'm sorry man. But seriously, be patient.
  5. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

well i cant find any thread onwhy it did this...

does ANYONE know why it is in 1.1.3. but not jailbroken? I exactly as the thread said. Had bsd sub, open ssh, etc.
  6. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    To be honest, i have no clue how that happened. I would jst start over, but this time, use a different jailbreak guide (There are at least 5 methods: all with different instructions)
  7. damhack

damhack New Member

Calm down, Calm down!

This is common.

Just transfer the Installer.app from the jailbreak bundle to your iPoT /Applications using scp, sftp or whatever.

Make sure you set execute permissions using ssh as follows:

chmod 755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

Reboot and all will be well.

Cheers,

Dam
  8. MadRopes

MadRopes New Member

thanks so much for your help but unfortunatly i already restored it to 1.1.2. JB cause i didnt recieve any help so I am gona have to do it all over again. I will try your method when I get to that point.

What do you mean change the permission? I cant SSH into my ipod. Will I be able to do it with Iphonebrowser?