Wow... Is Apple Losing Their Minds Or Money?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aasimbeck, Nov 28, 2007.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Ok so i sent my touch in for repair because only one side of the headphones worked (apple identified the problem as one channel only works) so i know that there was really a problem cuz when i went to school in the morning i share my headphones with a friend well ther are always saying i cant hear anything so i know it wasnt just me. so i got an email from apple today reading:

Initial Replacement Email:
    We have received your request for a replacement IPOD TOUCH. Your Repair ID is XXXXXXXXX.

Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Problem Description: Sound - Sound - one channel

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing AppleCare Service.

Our technicians have performed full diagnostic checks on your IPOD TOUCH and have been unable to reproduce the symptom(s) you reported when you requested the repair. As a result of our tests, we can confirm that your product meets Apple specifications for performance, usability, and functionality.

As a part of our assessment and test procedures, your product has had the latest software and firmware updates installed. It is now being returned to you, and you should expect to receive it within two business days along with a letter that provides details about our assessment as well as useful troubleshooting tips.

My Question Is, is it reasonable to call one side headphones {Sound - Sound - one channel}
    BTW.. i forgot to mention yes i did try several diffrent pairs of ipod headphones from my other ipods
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

If possible, bring it to a local Apple Store (call to make an appointment first). Have the Mac Genius test it right there and then. If he can confirm the problem he'll replace it on the spot.
  3. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    that is the problem, the closest apple store is 2 hours away, i would love to have a local mac store
  4. NabNab

NabNab New Member

Well if its a that long trip you could go like sight seeing because you probably don go there so often.
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

Is the problem the iPod or the headphones?
  6. kf6tac

kf6tac New Member

Their categorization of the problem seems spot-on. Definitely give it a try when you get the iPod back to see if the problem didn't somehow magically resolve itself. But if it's still there, or if it recurs, it seems like your only options are to make the 2 hour drive to the Apple Store or send it back in and hope that the problem sticks around this time for the tech people to experience it.
  7. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    its def the ipod
  8. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    well im going to florida right after christmas and there are some stores right by were she lives she said she will take me lol
  9. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Imagine Canada, with no Apple stores, only resellers

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank god my ipod doesnt have any problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Correction: Three Apple Stores in Toronto (Sherway Gardens, Yorkdale Mall and Eaton Center), one in Quebec. I went to one to exchange my iPoT when it, er, experienced problems last week.