Wow, I HONESTLY do NOT believe this...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by benzin711, Aug 11, 2008.

1. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just restored my ipod. So now all the back ups I been doing is going to pay off...eventually. I literally started it around 9:30 pm and it is currently 11:15 and its NOT EVEN half way done. Thats almost 2 1/2 hours right there. I seriously think apple missed something here lol. I dont think they wanted us to have to wait around 5 hours to restore our back ups. And oh yeah, lets not forget the long sync I will have to go though. Going to take like 6 or so hours total and gonna have to let it run over night.

*Steve Jobs, I will have my revenge for those 6 hours of my life that I lost. I'm going to come over to your house and restore YOUR iPhone!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  2. jped

jped New Member

yah when i updated from 2.0 to 2.01 it took five hours to backup and i think about the same to restore from a backup
  3. coldani

coldani New Member

It's installing all the apps straight onto your ipod, along with their data. Trust me, the payoff is good when it's done doing its thing.
  4. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    meh screw it. I just checked on its progress and the ipod like froze. the little spining spoke wheel stopped spinning

Please Register or Log in to view images

Haha, I just cancelled it and all my stuff from the back up is on it again. Even though I cancelled when it was half way done so it did froze

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. replicat0r

replicat0r New Member

not worth it. in 12 hours it takes( backup + restore)

i could have jailbroken 15 times

f*** that
  6. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I never mess with the backups, just cancel them and put all your crap on, takes like 15 minutes by hand.
  7. OhSyx

OhSyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    from 9:30 to 11:15 is almost 2 hours...why did you say almost 2 1/2?
  8. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    strange, restoring from a backup only took about 5 to 10 minutes for me, it's the sync that was a pain in the ass...
  9. silverdragon89

silverdragon89 New Member

hey im restoring from backup right now. at first it was fast. but now the bar has no moved. but its spinning so i know its working. is this just all my apps being instaled?
  10. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when I restore from a backup I just leave it for ten minutes then cancel and it's all done. I think it might be a problem in itunes