WOW! Help me pleeze!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by vxspartan117xv, Feb 4, 2009.

1. vxspartan117xv

vxspartan117xv Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wow just WOW.
    I jailbroke my ipod the first day redsnow was released. Today I installed something from cydia and it messed up my ipod. The first thing it did was freeze then I hand to force power off. When I tried to reboot my ipod it just sat on the apple logo forever. So I put my ipod in DFU and restored to non jailbroken firmware. Next thing you know my ipod works and is normal but guess what.

While I was jailbroken I put most of my stuff into folders using categories from cydia. Now everything I put into folders is gone. I resynced my ipod and it says I have it on my ipod but nothing is visible. Some of the native apps are not even visible because I put them into folders. How in the world do I fix this?!

Thank you for your help.
  2. Deadhead

Deadhead New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you restored to the non-jailbroken firmware, I think you lost it. DO OVER (D'oh!).
    This lock up has occurred to me, and I was just patient and waited out the apple logo. Seriously, I waited like 10 minutes but it did boot.

Well actually, the first time i forced boot during the logo hang, then decided to wait it out 'just to see'.

oh, just saw you resynced and the data is there. are the folders there? maybe try reinstalling categories and see if you get a fix????
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This happens when you select "Restore from Backup" after restoring your iPod. Restore again, and this time choose "Set Up as a New iPod."