Wow.... have I gone crazy? ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Kusa, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Kusa

Kusa New Member

Well, I think I've gone off the deep end.... after years of swearing up and down that I would never get an iPod, or i anything, or even anything that had to do with mac I decided to get the iPod touch 16 gig/2g.

This being because in the past I'd worked with the computing department (while I went to the UofA) and the macs, while fancy and everything where just not very useful in my opinion, and really felt too stuffy. Not to mention my run-ins with people who believed that mac's/i-whatevers where the alpha and omegas for every appliance on this earth, left me with even a smaller desire to have anything to do with them.

Needless to say it lightened my wallet by quite a bit xD But I figure since it is in the name of making my studying easier (sticking the mCAT test cracker cds on here so I can listen to them everywhere I go) I figure it will help me out.

Sadly though since I've never owned an i-anything, as tech savy as I am, I am still somewhat lost in reading through the tiny amounts of documentation (and various medical warnings). I am still left with some questions so here I am!

All in all though I get the feeling that this iPod is definitely worth every cent I just dropped for it, hence why I wonder if I've gone crazy. Especially when comparing it to what else is out there.

Though my main two questions, as I've always enjoyed trying to keep things updated. What exactly does jail breaking add to the phone? I realize the process of doing so is legal, and that it does not void the warranty since all you have to do is restore it to factory settings.

But what all does it allow? I realize in reading that it allows you to add themes etc. But with mention of apps and etc that I'd seen on the internet, would everything outside of the apple store be considered an illegal app? Aside from this I do not seem to understand the purpose of this.

Thank you for your welcomes, and I look forward to learning more about this wonderful new shiny I just got, as well as talking with you all

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Only cracked apps are illegal (and apps allowing cracked apps). The other jailbreak apps are fine.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol u joined here to discuss this? welcome to the forums!
  4. Kusa

Kusa New Member

No, as mentioned earlier in my post I joined to learn more about what my iPod can do.

And thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images